Some help before either my temper or back goes pop!

Yeh but do you take the g & t-box off in one lump? well strapped up prevents things from going "pear shaped"

Les is that good he knows the perfect balance point of the joined boxes so he can balance on one 1" thick bit of wood with no straps! Haven't you seen his guide in the Tech archive, Witch craft I tell thee! :lol:

I used a ratchet strap around the box and a barbell in the end and did a biceps curl to get her up where I wanted her then braced it on some axle stands and slid a transmission jack under it in the end.

I actually enjoyed the appliance of logic and physics to get the job done :)

If I have to replace a gearbox (not the transfer box), then I remove them seperately. If I'm doing a clutch, then I always just slide the gearbox back. I have an engine crane, etc, but working on someone's drive means I have little room for a crane as well. Apart from series gearboxes, it's relatively simple to seperate the transfer box anyway (6 bolts, one nut, and a couple of linkages). I almost exclusively remove the transmission from underneath - I wouldn't be able to take the weight of that damn-great thing :)

Les.

Putting a Perkins into my hybrid singlehanded I found a length of 4x2 resting on the front bulkhead (windscreen down) and the panel behind the seats then hanging the gearbox on ratchet straps made the fitting process a doddle - very easy to microadjust angles with just a couple of clicks on the ratchets and/or shifting the 4 X 2 sideways - could get the box on & off in about 10 min by the time I finaly bolted it down for good (lots of fettling meant much fitting/refitting..)

Putting a Perkins into my hybrid singlehanded I found a length of 4x2 resting on the front bulkhead (windscreen down) and the panel behind the seats then hanging the gearbox on ratchet straps made the fitting process a doddle - very easy to microadjust angles with just a couple of clicks on the ratchets and/or shifting the 4 X 2 sideways - could get the box on & off in about 10 min by the time I finaly bolted it down for good (lots of fettling meant much fitting/refitting..)

Thats kind of what I did but in the other plane, but your way makes far more sense

DSC04245.JPG

wow my seats look dirty

post-10621-1230733179_thumb.jpg

another use for a bench press bar :D

i have to change my clutch again after doing 2k an the new old one couldnt take it any more

what more my engine craine is in transylvania thinkin i wouldnt need it again till i get out there :lol: how wrong was i :angry2:

i'll find away to do it

dave