charging battery made easy

Hi this is another one of my little mods,

what i have done is remove the clips from the end of the battery charge and fitted a heavy duty male plug

and fitted the female one to the seat box,ran two wires to the battery via fuses.

Now instead of removing the seat i just plug the charger in.

Quick and easy charging

post-13250-1231249779_thumb.jpg

post-13250-1231249794_thumb.jpg

post-13250-1231249815_thumb.jpg

Hi this is another one of my little mods,

what i have done is remove the clips from the end of the battery charge and fitted a heavy duty male plug

and fitted the female one to the seat box,ran two wires to the battery via fuses.

Now instead of removing the seat i just plug the charger in.

Quick and easy charging

I did the same with an Anderson plug. You can also use the same socket for quickly attaching jump leads too, though your fuse rating and socket to battery cable size must be right to handle the current.

Simple and neat :)

Modern batteries are mostly supposed to be sealed though I don't know if they "gas" or not - anyway its usually only an issue if you are on a boost charger and no different to it being charged with the engine running and the seat in :)

The plug was fitted to a 4amp battery charger,that came with a battery jump pack that i use at work,its a few years old now and the battery pack was u/s,so i use the socket now on my own charger .cannot find old charger to get name of it sorry...john

could try this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Single-Pole-12-Volt-...1742.m153.l1262

I would fit an anderson plug for jump starting other vehicles but my own defender needed jumping often enough to need that I would assume something was wrong..

New Alternator? Bigger Alternator, Bigger Battery, New Battery, Dodgy wiring? I would look into these before I considered regularly plugging in a charger.