Calendar

GBMUD

Is there a website anywhere which has all the dates (OK, most of the dates) for things happening in the Landrover/4x4 world? Somewhere one could look before planning an event to be sure that it does not clash? I understand that the forum has a calendar attached to it but I guess that only covers forum stuff...

Cheers

Chris

That one isn't bad - but doesn't include shows.

If the forum has a calendar, perhaps we could use that to collectively build our own.

Use the same rule as the classifieds i.e. need to have 20 posts to be able to add to the cal to stop it being used for advertising and appoint a moderator or two with responsibility for policing and keeping it up to date?

I think a lot of people would find it useful if it were well populated.

Si

If the forum has a calendar, perhaps we could use that to collectively build our own.

Use the same rule as the classifieds i.e. need to have 20 posts to be able to add to the cal to stop it being used for advertising and appoint a moderator or two with responsibility for policing and keeping it up to date?

I think a lot of people would find it useful if it were well populated.

Si

I think Simon has hit the nail on the head - and I think he would make a good mod (he he).

I think Simon has hit the nail on the head - and I think he would make a good mod (he he).

Mmmmmm......I was going to suggest Chris! It's him I usually ask if I need to know the date of something! (and like I'm short of suff to do?!)

Si

So Chris, you up for this?

At the mo its tends to be mostly forum stuff coz I tend to just add entries when someone posts up an event in the getting out there forum, plus a few other dates gathered form shire web site or other clubs I'm familiar with.

If we open the calender up so anyone can post it should pretty much run itself and I've noticed one or two improvements with the current version of the software which make it nicer to use.

Well the Calendar is now open for any member to add a public event. I've just been through and added those from the Shire 2006 calendar which took very little effort.

So if anyone knows of a date that should be in there just add it. If we do it collectively it shares the effort and will make it much easier to keep it current and accurate

As to what being a mod entails probably best if one of the mods answers that. I would guess its along the lines of just keeping an eye on things, removing/editing innapropriate events and enforcing any rules (such as a 20 post rule perhaps) that the membership deems appropriate.

Trev,

Silly Calendar question, but is it possible to change the layout of the calendar - I think it would make it easier to read if it a week was monday - sunday, rather than splitting the weekend? Most of the events we do are weekend based, or run say friday to sunday, so that layout would be easier to view.

Obvioulsy, if the layout is set by the software, then igore me! :P

Cheers

Mark