1972 Rangie

v8bobber

Evening All,

I have just been offered a 1972 Range Rover in white and green (slime after being standing). It has no engine but has previously had a LR Turbo diesel in it and therefore the mountings will be ready to drop a Tdi in, which I already have access to.

The paintwork is not bad, and needs a good clean and the sills and boot floor etc is all good and there is no welding that needs doing, the headlining is knackered but the interior is complete although it looks a bit like an indian restaurant in there. I would not say it's perfectly original as the front grille etc has been changed.

I appreciate that without seeing it in the flesh (i have so I can answer any questions) but can anyone throw in a ballpark figure

Dave

Evening All,

I have just been offered a 1972 Range Rover in white and green (slime after being standing). It has no engine but has previously had a LR Turbo diesel in it and therefore the mountings will be ready to drop a Tdi in, which I already have access to.

The paintwork is not bad, and needs a good clean and the sills and boot floor etc is all good and there is no welding that needs doing, the headlining is knackered but the interior is complete although it looks a bit like an indian restaurant in there. I would not say it's perfectly original as the front grille etc has been changed.

I appreciate that without seeing it in the flesh (i have so I can answer any questions) but can anyone throw in a ballpark figure

Dave

Probably at least £5-800 just because its tax exempt. Maybe a bit more if it really is solid & relatively tidy.

In my opinion if it's green and slimy it is unlikely to be good bodily, did you take the plastic cills off ? Check the front floors and bulkhead closely, take the front carpets out and have a good prod, is the rear x member OK.

I have renovated two for daughter which looked OK but were wrecks in reality be careful !

My garage gave me a 2 door which had stood out the back for a few years it looks Ok but is rotten in reality and worth nothing ! A good one is worth something but rotten ones abound hope you have been lucky.

Has it a 4 speed gearbox cos the tdi is not easy to mate up so not an easy conversion in some ways, my 82 has a 200 tdi in it which is great.