Tdi Glow Plugs

I need a new set of Glow Plugs for my 200 Tdi hybrid.

Question is, are the unbranded ones any good, or will I be taking them out and chucking them away in 3 months time?

Thing is, they are sooooo much cheaper. A set of 4 unbranded ones being a whole £11, where as the Beru, NGK, Champion ones are about £11 each...

Opinions from those who have tried please.

These are the ones that I bought;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=290287239309

The seller doesn't appear to have more listed, but you can email him.

Here is one more listing and this guy to has no more left either;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=260342126775

Sorry but I wrong with what I paid it wasn't £24, but rather £26.94. Still, here in Sweden the main dealer wants 500:- per unit (2000:- total) and all 4 on eBay cost me 322:- Swedish :ph34r:

Good luck.

Todd.

I would save even more money and leave the old ones in it.

Never had to use the glow plugs on a 200Tdi, not even a few days ago at -6C.

Would not use unbranded plugs though, as I have known them to break up and put a nice score down the side of the piston and cylinder. I am sure there is a thread on here somewhere about it.

Would not use unbranded plugs though, as I have known them to break up and put a nice score down the side of the piston and cylinder. I am sure there is a thread on here somewhere about it.

That's my main worry. I've seen the damage a broken glow plug can do to the inside of a 300tdi engine. It made one hell of a dent in the piston and head.

western and tuko - thanks for the ebay links - I'll investigate them further.

I just came in from changing them on the Disco. Easy peasy job really. Even replaced the cracking fuel return lines while I was there. :D

Did notice that the two closest to the front of the engine were wetter than the last two, actually they were perfectly dry. Lots of carbon build up with white spots from I guess where it was thoroughly heating up.

Cold weather come on back, I'm ready for ya! :P

Todd.

I fitted Beru. Quite frankly for roughly 30 quid difference I thought it was worthwhile.

The Disco is the wife's daily driver where she travels just over 60Km to/from work. The Disco has to be 100% reliable, therefore no aftermarket parts are installed. I will and do shell out for original. The peace of mind that it brings is worth every penny!

Todd.