Which moddest engine  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which engine to put into my Rangie

• Have my 3.9 rebuilt to a reliable/modest power spec
    • International HS 2.8 TGV
    • 300tdi
    • Jap diesel (which?)
    • Large Yank V8

And as for the company car i pay no tax, the fuel is paid for, infact im getting paid for the privilege :D

If you had added "and am allowed to speed recklessly and get away with it" I would have thought you were a policeman :lol::lol::lol:

Talk to JE Engineering about your engine mods and rebuild, you will find their prices very reasonable and quite pleasantly suprising.

Lara.

If you had added "and am allowed to speed recklessly and get away with it" I would have thought you were a policeman :lol::lol::lol:

Lara.

Lara, Have you been spying on me again? TAAAA DAAAA, Not my one but it will be very similar, it was the best i could find on the net :D

focusdogvan.jpg

I need a reliable engine that will produce a respectable amount of power/torque and last quite a few years,

Another vote for the isuzu but maybe the 3.9 or 3.9T

The Australian Army have been using the 3.9 in 110, 130 and Parentie for 20 years and they are finding it very difficult to find a "modern" replacement.

I think the Americans (rangers) also use a similar beast when they actually want to get somewhere fast without support.

There are many 3.9 counties on the road in Australia, I think Land Rover Australia may have even supplied them in a county at one stage. The adaptors should be easy-ish to find.

regards

Matt

I happened across this the other day, if I was going to build a car from scratch I think I'd be using the Nissan engine as it's been on the list every single year :o

Ward's 10 Best Engines

As another aside, I don't know what Santana put in the PS-10 but they go like sh... off a very shiny shovel, almost had me wanting a diesel when I drove one. Almost. :lol:

Another vote for the isuzu but maybe the 3.9 or 3.9T

The Australian Army have been using the 3.9 in 110, 130 and Parentie for 20 years and they are finding it very difficult to find a "modern" replacement.

I think the Americans (rangers) also use a similar beast when they actually want to get somewhere fast without support.

There are many 3.9 counties on the road in Australia, I think Land Rover Australia may have even supplied them in a county at one stage. The adaptors should be easy-ish to find.

regards

Matt

The 4BD1 and it's turbo'd sister the 4BD1-T were the best engines ever fitted by Rover. Civilian versions were available in the Stage 1 and 110's until the late 80's.

Most owners of these vehicles won't part with them. Reliability and long life are legendary. IIRC, some perenties or parakeets have a GVW around 12 tonnes. The adaptors are difficult to find.

The army still use the LT95, and I heard that there were some more made for them not too long ago. The civilian versions had either LT95 or LT85, but the LT85 is not strong enough. Maxi-drive does an upgraded bearing conversion for LT85's used with the 4BD1.

The 4BD1 and 4BD1-T were common in Isuzu N series trucks. These trucks are very popular, with more modern 4 cyl engines now.

Actually the 200SX/300SX 2.0 Turbo lump will drop into the primera, now that would be funny at traffic lights :lol:

To be quite honest the SR20DET engine from a 200sx wont drop straight into the primera due the intake plenum, But the SR20DET from a Pulsar will fit with no problems. This was my one pushing 270 bhp.

engine006.jpg

• 1 month later...