Decent EGT gauge

rusty_wingnut

I do like the McNally one, did you have any supply issues?

this seems the cheapo option, obv meant for a plane, but i assume it will work in a defender?

http://shop.airworlduk.com/egt-gauge--squa...00836-982-p.asp

No problem with supply and I specified degrees C rather than Degrees F which is the standard. Infact had such good service I have since bought two more gauges from them, (oil temp/pressure and volts/water temp.) However I got mine when the exchange rate was more favourable so were a fair bit cheaper than they are now. :lol:

Pete.

edited to add, most light aircraft systems are 24v so I would confirm before purchase that it will work on 12v and you will need the seperate thermocouple as well.

Ruuman - is your exhaust tapped before the turbo or afterwards?

I have a Thermoman gauge from Australia - does what it says on the tin, although the 52mm McNally one above looks very bling :)

It looks even better matched with the other 2 gauges. ;)

The other good thing is it only cost £50 because of the exchange rate at the time, :ph34r: so was a fair bit cheaper than a lot of other options.

MyCar001.jpg

Pete

after and typing these words I have just realised what a silly boy I am, it's in the wrong sodding place isn't it :(

sigh, this is why I shouldn't do things in the dark when I'm knackered. I'm such an idiot!

Those gauges do look lovely raceface

I was going for the Macnally gauges but they only come in blue backlighting, I asked if they would do them in green and never got an answer, so to hell with them, so I got the above. (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Auber-Instruments)

G

Perhaps you got no response because I spoiled the water by asking the same (green) question back in Sept '08. :-)

The response says 'EGT (sic)' because I told him I wanted to measure inlet manifold air temperature rather than EGT, but wasn't concerned about the gauge being incorrectly labelled, backlight colour was more important.

I had asked whether I could change the colour, if it wasn't commercially viable for him to change it.

Response starts.

Nice to hear from you.

No green in the near future. And I don’t recommend you attempt it.

Here are the prices:

The Boost / EGT (sic) gauge. 187.00 = £105.05

The Oil Pressure & Temperature gauge. 187.00 = £105.05

The Voltage and Water Temperature gauge. 159.00 = £83.32

All reading the temperatures in Centigrade, with pressures in PSI (and Volts :-) 000.00

All three discount 10% -053.00

Shipping 025.00

Total 505.00USD

DS note 16/09/08 - $505 = £283.68, or £94.56 each.

Response ends.

Naturally, I wouldn't expect those prices to apply now, but you will note the conversions that I did at the time.

I didn't buy.

PS

Rusty wingnut, I didn't understand the "2 fast 2 furious" reference, so cannot answer your question directly.

Cheers.

2 Fast 2 Furious, as far I care to know, is a film regarding a couple of crooks and those highly modified Japanese cars you see floating about with stickers on like "Engine by Mugen" - Yeah riiiiiight. You know the types, gauges everywhere, some with changing backlights, shift lights, rpm into the 1000000s flames painted down the side along with massive alloys shod with rubber bands. Humungous wings and scoops, all feeding turbos big enough to power 747s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Fast_2_Furious

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...