Northern Challenge Entries now open

Matt BADLRC

The Northern Challenge Series

BADLRC will be holding a series of six 2 day challenge events and will be for teams of 2 vehicles at 6 venues on the following dates:-

Holymoorside 21st & 22nd Feb 09

Lea Bridge 25th & 26th April 09

Venue TBC 16th & 17th May 09

Lea Bridge 25th & 26th July 09

Whitworth Nr Rochdale TBC 24th & 25th Oct 09

Venue TBC 12th & 13th Dec 09

The events are £75 per 2 day event

Please see the club website for more details as we have various discounts for signing up for blocks of events, your entry fee will include a meal on the Saturday and free hot drinks and a breakfast roll and hot drinks on the Sunday morning.

The events are open to any make of vehicle that complies with the regulations. Entries are now being taken for all rounds, please visit www.badlrc.co.uk/winch.htm or email challenge@badlrc.co.uk for more details.

The club has invested a great deal of money to improve these events and we look forward to receiving your entries.

It looks really good value for money, pity they are all two day events.

We are having a meeting with the challenge team this week and if we can sort it out we may try and offer a choice of either 1 or 2 days if this would make things a bit more appealing?watch this space for an update from me :)

Regards

Matt Thompson

Competition Sec.

BADLRC

Visit My BADLRC Website

hi Matt

i competed in the last 2 comps , but am unable to do the first round this year.

how ever i do feel there would be a better take up if some of the events where 1 day , maybe just 2 .2dayers in the summer months

and maybe the exact event format should be posted up as well , run times, night stages , specials etc , people stick with what they know , and when they dont know whats in store they often go back to what they know ;)

I fully agree with gsr341,

Agree a formatt, agree a time, agree a structure, agree a scoring system, publish it prior to the event, and stick to it !!!!,

don't make it up as you go alomg and forget to tell everyone.

Why do 2 day events ???

Why do events have to be 2 vehicles ???,

it puts more pressure on the drivers and also puts a lot of people of enterering, if one fails they both fail or if one cannot turn upon the day for various reasons etc, it isn't always easy finding a partner for everyone, I know the club can partner people up if needed, it's not an option I would like to take with a stranger or a hopelessly miss-matched couple.

Also the road legal bit may have an effect

Just observations

As someone who is looking for a fun challenge event to fill in the calendar a bit I like the teamwork involved with 2 vehicle events and would probably not bother turning out for a 1 day event, particularly if I'm travelling any distance. The cost, facilities and format sound spot on to me and I expect to enter a couple of them later in the year.

Matt and co, I will definitly not be doing the first event this year, at the moment I have no steering (parts for hydrosteer arrive in 10 days) and many other things not ready yet following a total re-build/re-chassis although I could get a partner but its difficult to say until parts arrive and work!!

Probably see later in the year,good luck.

We are having a meeting with the challenge team this week and if we can sort it out we may try and offer a choice of either 1 or 2 days if this would make things a bit more appealing?watch this space for an update from me :)

Regards

Matt Thompson

Competition Sec.

BADLRC

Visit My BADLRC Website

We are happy doing occaisional two day events but prefer one day, especially during the dark nights. Its not so bad during the summer, it gives you chance to mend the truck or if your lucky, chill out.

We went to a two day event last year for one day, that did not work because the lads that were in for the two days simply wanted to get on whearas we were happy pottering around. If you allow people to compete for one day then it needs to be two seperate one day events spread over two days.

Agree a formatt, agree a time, agree a structure, agree a scoring system, publish it prior to the event, and stick to it !!

Why do 2 day events ???

personally i quite like the 2 vehicle events :P , and im not against 2 day events but maybe in the summer when we could all socilise round a big fire with some beers :lol:

Many Thanks for the feed back and comments guys, we will listen to all comments made and try where possible to build them in to our future events, might not be this year but we will bear things in mind for next year. What about if we could build into our events the choice for either one vehicle or teams of two and what about being given the option to enter either one or two days, we would also appreciate your comments on whether you think this may work? if thought about and done properly it may be a worth while implementation for both the club and those of you taking part.

Those of you that did our last event and had issues with the night stages, we have put things in place to stop this happening again, and I have done a lot of work with the paperwork to improve communication for the competitors on the day, We will issue final instructions prior to the event by email giving details of site location where to park, event start times format of event, times of day and night competition start times, start process etc, this will mean that you will know prior to your arrival at the site what will be going on and where we would like you to park etc. And if we ever have to change any start or finish times and only for good reasons these changes will be issued on event bulletins that competitors will sign for and will get a paper copy( these will only be issued as last resort)

All our events this year will take a similar format to our last event with day time special stages on the first day followed by some night punches, we will use our punch draw system that has worked well on our recent events to avoid congestion at punches etc eg you draw a punch ticket at event control, this has a number on that corresponds to a map reference or punch number on the event map, you then go off and do that punch knowing that no other crew will be doing the punch when you get to it as the ticket was in the bag, and you can only draw for tickets that are in the bag, some will be single or double tickets, you carry, you carry on drawing for tickets and doing the punches until the event finish time. this method has allowed us to keep things moving on some very compact sites. This method is different from other events but feedback on this has been good and those of you that have done our other events know that it works and keeps things moving nicely.

I think i have answered all the questions

look forward to anymore feedback

Matt Thompson

Competition Secretary

BADLRC

Matt and co, I will definitly not be doing the first event this year, at the moment I have no steering (parts for hydrosteer arrive in 10 days) and many other things not ready yet following a total re-build/re-chassis although I could get a partner but its difficult to say until parts arrive and work!!

Probably see later in the year,good luck.

Thanks for your comments etc, hope your steering parts arrive and you get rebuilt OK, we look forward to seeing you later on in the year,

Agree a formatt, agree a time, agree a structure, agree a scoring system, publish it prior to the event, and stick to it !!!!,

don't make it up as you go alomg and forget to tell everyone.

Why do 2 day events ???

it puts more pressure on the drivers and also puts a lot of people of enterering, if one fails they both fail or if one cannot turn upon the day for various reasons etc, it isn't always easy finding a partner for everyone, I know the club can partner people up if needed, it's not an option I would like to take with a stranger or a hopelessly miss-matched couple.

Also the road legal bit may have an effect

Just observations

Chris WE have fixed the above issues from our last event, the relevant person has had his ear bent by me, and I have pointed out the error of his ways it will all be as published I promise, I will however check the scoring for you as I wasn't aware of an issue there, i will get it all published in the event final instructions that will go out prior to each event. thanks again for pointing it out.

Matt

keep the punch control system i think it worked quite well and on larger sites just try to locate near the centre of the site

cant really see a way of making it possable to enter with both 1 and 2 car teams , dont thing a fair scoring system could be made , or just the option of 1 or 2 days if you stick with the 2 dayers , why cant we start 6-7 am on the sunday and finish by 2=3pm so we can all get on our way whilst its still light and possably make it home for tea :P

keep the punch control system i think it worked quite well and on larger sites just try to locate near the centre of the site

cant really see a way of making it possable to enter with both 1 and 2 car teams , dont thing a fair scoring system could be made , or just the option of 1 or 2 days if you stick with the 2 dayers , why cant we start 6-7 am on the sunday and finish by 2=3pm so we can all get on our way whilst its still light and possably make it home for tea :P

Because some people can't seem to get out of bed before 9 am! And even if they do, it takes 4 mugs of tea/coffee before they can function. If you remember from the last Wormhough event, we were ready to go for 7 ish, but some teams did not arrive until after 8, and by the time they unloaded and got their s**t together, it would have been getting on for 9.

But I don't have a problem with early starts. Suits both Ian and myself.

There may be problems with early starts regarding site usage and noise?