Wolf Air Filters

Outdoor Ed

Still no filter yet :(

Good to know the flow rate figures though. cheers for that.

After seeing that I'm going to try and track one or two down. Might see if my favourite Land Rover parts importer can get some, I'm guessing Donaldson here might go ????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Right after an exhaustive search for these dammed filters I have given up. I got really close this week even found someone who could tell me that Donaldson had 72 in stock there ended my good luck :( I was then told a few days later that after they had done much talking with Donaldson that they were ONLY available to MOD and no-one else!

So my choices were look at getting one made up I contacted a few firms that said they could make custom filters and they wouldn't do it.

So what I gave left us this either replace my air box for something else which I don't really want to do. Or I find a universal filter from another company that I can make fit even if it isn't quite the right size, so after A LOT of looking round on the net at various filter dimentions I have found a Green Filter that comes about as close as I can find it is conical rather than cylindrical the right diameter at the bottom 20mm narrower at the top and 50mm shorter.

Oh and the good news although it is the type you can clean and reuse it is a pretty £75

So if you see one of these Wolf XD filter units by Donaldson unless you can buy a very decent supply of filters at the same time DON'T BOTHER!

Thus ends my rant!

Hello ,

I have here also this way a filter !!!!

I will once inform if they are in reserve there !!!

And it divides centre is here in Belgium (Leuven).

European Headquarters

Leuven, Belgium

Phone: +32-16-38-3811; Fax: +32-16-40-0077

E-mail: engine-europe@donaldson.com

grts Peter

post-11068-125544802811_thumb.jpg

post-11068-125544805645_thumb.jpg

post-11068-125544808467_thumb.jpg

post-11068-125544810952_thumb.jpg

Hello ,

Mainfilter : P78-3498 /P77-2579 : 25 euro (in reserve)

Safety element : P77-5300 : 20 euro (in reserve)

Is, however, without supply costs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you want order ? please one PM !!!!!!!!

grts Peter ;)

Hello ,

Mainfilter : P78-3498 /P77-2579 : 25 euro (in reserve)

Safety element : P77-5300 : 20 euro (in reserve)

Is, however, without supply costs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you want order ? please one PM !!!!!!!!

grts Peter ;)

the other number you give for the mainfilter is that also good as inhave only ever had the first part number

the other number you give for the mainfilter is that also good as inhave only ever had the first part number

Hello ,

Is 1 replacement number (P77-2579):filter is the same !!!(told the man of the factory )

grts Peter ;)

Seen this and thought of you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-WOLF-300-TDI-AIR-BOX-FILTER-HOUSING-MILITARY_W0QQitemZ180422452991QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a020426ff

Apparently comoes with filter?.

I can recomend buying from Bok ( Peter), I have bought from him and found him to be very reliable and honest.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this and thought of you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-WOLF-300-TDI-AIR-BOX-FILTER-HOUSING-MILITARY_W0QQitemZ180422452991QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a020426ff

Apparently comoes with filter?.

I can recomend buying from Bok ( Peter), I have bought from him and found him to be very reliable and honest.

Cheers,

Chris.

THX Chris .

Ps :have in the meantime a "new" wolf for sale :LHD TUM GS Soft-Top '97.104.000 km ("wreck").

grtz Peter ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys!

But thanks to bok and an alternative part number I have managed get hold of replacement filters through my great and local car part suppliers and for only £20 each.

So I am very happy and now running with a new air filter! WooHoo!!!

Hi

Can you please give more details like the make and part number of the filter you have bought and where you got it from. Would be most useful.

Cheers

Log

yep no problem

It is a Fram filter unit, part number: CA5745

Bought it from my local suppliers EK Motor Factors Ltd. They are very helpful and always very nice, but then I do spend quite a lot of money with them.

• 2 months later...

Think the overall housing length is about 350mm might be a bit longer but it's cold outside and I don't want to go out and measure it! Sorry :huh:

as for the mount I have just got it strapped to the side of the engine bay just infront of the heater housing by two long heavy duty cable ties, not remotely standard in any way but it doesn't move an inch and is nice and high up :D

• 11 months later...