Lockers & Diffs

I have a mate who is looking to get an unbiased opinion on what type of locker he should get...(as the places he was looking to buy seem to only stock one type). The way he explained it to me was that he has 3 options.

1 - A LSD

2 - ARB Lockers

3 - TrueTrac

I know a lot of you have these types, but wanted to know the pro's & con's of each, and what would be a good setup.

Thanks

ciaran

As has been said, there is a huge amount of discussion on this topic in other threads.

however, to progress your questions we need some more info:

What vehicle?

What application? - i.e. overlanding, pay and play, challenge events, speed events etc??

Budget?

As has been said, there is a huge amount of discussion on this topic in other threads.

however, to progress your questions we need some more info:

What vehicle?

What application? - i.e. overlanding, pay and play, challenge events, speed events etc??

Budget?

yip, sorry about that...i always leave the important bits out...his is a 300tdi 90, with a 2" lift i think... he is looking to compete in challenge events such as the 3 Peaks, and some of the scottish hill ones...not sure on budget but cheaper is probably better.

yip, sorry about that...i always leave the important bits out...his is a 300tdi 90, with a 2" lift i think... he is looking to compete in challenge events such as the 3 Peaks, and some of the scottish hill ones...not sure on budget but cheaper is probably better.

In that case an ARB would get my vote. In challenge events you want to be able to control whether the locker is in our out. Unfortunately it doesn't meet your second criterion as it is not the cheapest option.

In that case an ARB would get my vote. In challenge events you want to be able to control whether the locker is in our out. Unfortunately it doesn't meet your second criterion as it is not the cheapest option.

A nice big V8 would get my vote Bish.................................... :rolleyes: