water in footwell

gelf

got a P reg 300tdi disco XS which when it rains, soaks the front passenger footwell..... this in when stationary.

ive tried standidng with the hose at the windscreen and sun roof but cant find where its coming from.

anyone else had this on theirs?

got a P reg 300tdi disco XS which when it rains, soaks the front passenger footwell..... this in when stationary.

ive tried standidng with the hose at the windscreen and sun roof but cant find where its coming from.

anyone else had this on theirs?

I had this on my 94 V8, had a look under the finishing strip above the windscreen, and it looked a bit suspect in places, especially the drivers side corner, so got the silicon out and it seems to have cured it. ;)

Dave.

Same deal with mine. Usual suspects 1- Front windscreen 2- sunroofs 3 - Rubber grommets in the engine bay 4- aircon pipe blocked or disconnected (if you have aircon) 5- Check the side of the footwells where wires come throught he side as these can leak.

Get busy with the silicone sealant and if all else fails get someone to break your windscreen and get a new one ;)

Had this problem on mine recently stripped the whole interior out to dry it

2 windscreens later it was cured!! First windscreen had a manufacturing defect and was mis-shaped, Got a heated windscreen out of it though!!

Just need the relay and switch as everything else seems to be there!!

n560022787_1903118_4012.jpg

Inspect the air intake on the pass. side, inside the plenum.

For some reason (probably that it is connected to the internal dash assy) the seam is sealed (or not) from the inside & that may have failed or not been applied correctly.

Seal it with some body sealer as well as the screw heads, as I have read where some screw threads will allow water in. The lip is not a great height & with water laying in the plenum it's not hard to imagine it easily going over the top especially with the vehicle doing a RH turn & the water surges across.

If your side drain tubes are restricted or blocked usually with leaves/debris, the plenum will flood.

I also used a tube of car window sealent/adhesive and basically glued all my door seals on as a hose pipe test also showed that water runs down these and enters the vehicle at about the height of the top door hinge.

Will mean there a bit difficult to get off but its stopped the water coming in!!

Just the water drops apearing on the rear load cover Near Side to sort, assuming its the alpine roof or the drain pipe that runs next to there.

• 4 months later...
Same deal with mine. Usual suspects 1- Front windscreen 2- sunroofs 3 - Rubber grommets in the engine bay 4- aircon pipe blocked or disconnected (if you have aircon) 5- Check the side of the footwells where wires come throught he side as these can leak.

Get busy with the silicone sealant and if all else fails get someone to break your windscreen and get a new one ;)

Can you elaborate on #4? I noticed yesterday water in the footwell that appeared to be leaking from the centre console area (by your left leg when driving). The only thing I'd done that day was have the aircon on which I don't normally bother with. Any connection?

Thanks.

Air con units create water when they cool the air, ie the moisture in the air condenses as the air cools.

The unit will have a drain pipe that usually lets the water out under the car, leading to "Oi mate you've got a leak" comments in supermarket car parks.

Land Rover make a special design of a drain pipe that blocks, so the water ends up inside the vehicle, which stops the comments at supermarkets, but has no further advantages.

The timing of your use of the aircon - especially if the day was warm and humid - with the appearance of the water seems to be more than coincidental.

HTH