D2 rims on a D1?

Chicken Drumstick

You'll need wheel spacers. The stud pattern is different for starters so teh spacer will have to be an adapter. Also the hole in the middle is smaller on the D2 wheels, so the new spacer would have to be thick enough that the hub cap on your D1 doesn't stick through - the D2 wheel will not go over it. Oh, and you'll need a new set of wheel nuts.

Does seem like an expensive way of doing things.

having built specials, i can assure you that the cost of a well presented end item will run into many thousands with out your labour. Fine if its your hobby, youve got the required skills and youve got money to burn. and then it will only be worth a fraction of what youve spent

otherwise buy something decent and do modest improvements

when i called a swedish company they told me it is not possible due to the very odd 5x165,1 it simply would be a safety issue.

they do that on a lot of king cabs over here to get them to the new standard. They wanted to have 210£ for four plates and it takes them about a week.

P38 and D2 have the same 5x120 offset and hubdiameter is probably different can check it up at work tomorrow.

In the end you will most likley end up with not even beeing able to get the stock 235/70-16 on it without it taking in anywhere. Not even to talk about 18"

can help thinking that getting a d2 will work out cheaper than upgrading a d1

Buying a discovery 2 - thousands....

Make a discovery 1 handle well - thousands....

The the big smile :rolleyes: put on the face of the owner

of a discovery 1 that handle just the way they want - Priceless!!!

Thanks.

I admit those adapters are not the cheapest, but I think its still the way I'd like to go. I think a D1 is still my choice of vehicle for this.

I'd really like vented discs and ABS, but I think that means a 300 shape not a 200 with a 3.9V8 also these have 24 spline axles don't they?

Current thinking is, 300 series 3.9V8 with R380 (if I can find one, if not auto it'll have to be).

I assume this is possible, but whats the easiest/cheapest way to achieve it?

Thinking about the 18" D2 rims.

BTW - are P38a rims the same fitment as D2?? :unsure: :unsure:

This is further to my pickup Disco idea.

Thanks in advance.

Isnt there a manufacturer who makes 18" wheels to fit a D1/90/110?

Vaguely remember reading something somewhere, maybe in LRO.

Maybe cheaper than spacers overall?

I bought a set of 7 x 15's (before they became the norm some years ago) for a TR7 V8 from Compomotive Wheels, went to the factory to sort out what was the best fit - they were most helpful. Couldn't buy them direct so ordered them through the dealer that gave me the most discount.

Happy days....