tica tica tica tica tica

CURLY

got a tic tic tica tic noise coming from the engine that speeds up with revs, i have a new rocker shaft and rockers all adjusted to what the rave cd specifies, so i dont think its that, ive been told that its not the rear crank bearing because i have loads of oil pressure..

the guy said it could be the lift pump, or the compressor for the abs pump?

any other suggestions before i start to strip it all down this evening?

regards,

CURLY

just been out to have a quick look, all the injectors are tight and not chuffing or clicking, so i'll cross them off the list for now..

i put a bit of metal tube on the vacuum pump and pressed my ear to the end of it, and it is making a real noise inside and sounds like it could be where the tica tica noise is coming from.

has anyone ever removed and fixed one of these pumps? or am i going to be the worlds first again? lol!

hopefully it will be nice and easy.. the rave cd seems to make out that it is. just need to find out now if they are servicable or not..

any ideas?

cheers!

CURLY

No, its not user serviceable - the case hardening has worn off the front face of the plunger increasing the cam/plunger gap and resulting in the tap-tap-tap you hear. The only job you can do on this pump is to remove the rivets in the back cover and replace the gasket under it if its leaking, but as thats not your problem, its irrellevent.........

Shame really as its a good few quids worth of bussiness for the usual suspects of P(Cr)addocks and the like, but it only takes 10 minutes to fix (with a new pump)............

Compressor for the ABS pump? :rofl:

Compressor for the ABS pump? :rofl:

he he thats what i was told it was called, until i looked into it, i was none the wiser! thinking about it now though is pretty funny!

just been reading up about how to change the 'compressor' and it seems like quite an easy job.

just wish the clicking was the 'fuel sucky uppy from the tank fork lift pumpatron' cos they are cheaper.. ;)

cheers,

CURLY

got a tic tic tica tic noise coming from the engine that speeds up with revs, i have a new rocker shaft and rockers all adjusted to what the rave cd specifies, so i dont think its that, ive been told that its not the rear crank bearing because i have loads of oil pressure..

the guy said it could be the lift pump, or the compressor for the abs pump?

any other suggestions before i start to strip it all down this evening?

regards,

CURLY

is it a 200 or 300 ? - the pump as fitted to the 200 IS repairable

FF003759 from http://www.famousfour.co.uk/new_parts/part...mp;eng=e_200tdi

Sean - thanks for that - I honestly didnt know that!

Cheers.

Ahhhh, just looked at the link - that looks suspiciously like a kit to repair a leaking back cover as I mentioned above - there's no sign of a new plunger in the photo and thats the bit that wears out..............

update:::

changed the abs vacuum pump on saturday and apart from putting the fuel pipes back on the wrong way round, it was an easy job and cured the tica tica noise too!

plus my brakes feel quite a bit better now too.. which is nice..

thanks for all your help (and PI55 takes) much appreciated!

regards,

CURLY