Filling Swivel

Look at the front of the swivel.

Depending on the age of your vehicle, you will see either one or two square headed "bolts" - one is the drain (low down) the other is the filler (near the top)

I believe later vehicles don't have a drain...... I think....

on one of those pics, Dan, you've rubber gaiters on the swivel - that usual? - I don't have those on the td5

I got the gaiters on myself because it was attracting organic matters and sand. The truck (defender 110 99 mod) was not delivered with it . I bought it on EBLing and mounted it. An easy operation though.. DLS got it!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Western

It was 3/8. Ok so I only have the one plug is this then a fill and level point?

Rave says put in 375ml - I put in 500ml Castrol EP90 and it was not filled to the plug.

Have I over done it? :o

Yes it's the fill & level plug.

swivels without drain plugs are meant for the one shot grease that LR changed too, 1 sachet per side, older swivels that used EP90 the level is to the bottom of the level hole threads.

Thanks Western

It was 3/8. Ok so I only have the one plug is this then a fill and level point?

Rave says put in 375ml - I put in 500ml Castrol EP90 and it was not filled to the plug.

Have I over done it? :o

Miles too much.

Older vehicles had a level, drain and fill plugs, later ones just the fill (and were supposed to be 'filled for life' ha ha ha ha

)

Don't panic too much, it'll blow through into the diff housing so when you go to check the front diff you'll know why it's overfull.