O-rings - need a source for a single ring...

Astro_Al

How do. Where can I order a single o-ring (size 60mm ID x 2mm, if it matters)?

Or anyone got one they don't need???

Cheers, Al.

I'm sure I can help you out Al,

PM me your address and I'll put one in the post tomorrow.

Is the 2mm thickness critical?

Mick.

Al, I recently had to get a single large O-ring for one of the Stazworks (first rim I built up I chewed one and took ages to get round to building the spare wheel) through TVH in Didcot. Admittedly it wasn't that cheap (£8) but it is a BIG o-ring. If you ever need something like that let me know as I pass Winchester probably once a week and it's no problem swinging by.

Thanks guys, FKD - I don't have a 'local bearing guy'...

Homme de la pomme - cool stuff, I wonder how it doesn't leak at the 'joint' / end?

Thanks for the offer Will - swing by for a cuppa if you're passing.

Al.

If it is generic o-rings you are after i noticed the other day B&Q warehouses have started selling packs or singles in the plumbing section. Most are tap/valve applications but they carry a range of generic o-rings for general use.

Homme de la pomme - cool stuff, I wonder how it doesn't leak at the 'joint' / end?

Al.

:lol: Thats a different way of saying it ,

Simply cut to the desired size using a parralel V block and simply superglue both ends together .

It can get messy :lol:

:lol: Thats a different way of saying it ,

Simply cut to the desired size using a parralel V block and simply superglue both ends together .

It can get messy :lol:

If your desperate and you can find some bigger O rings it's not hard to chop them down and glue them back

together. Viton O rings are ok with any old superglue but some of the plasticky rings don't want to stick

together.

Ta to all for the useful pointers and links.

FKD - I don't consider a 45 mile round trip to be 'local', hence the thread ;)

A million thanks to Mr Stuck who sent me some o-rings and a length of spare 'stock'. My orifice is now leak free once more! :ph34r:

Thanks very much for that Mick.

Al

B)

Ta to all for the useful pointers and links.

FKD - I don't consider a 45 mile round trip to be 'local', hence the thread ;)

A million thanks to Mr Stuck who sent me some o-rings and a length of spare 'stock'. My orifice is now leak free once more! :ph34r:

Thanks very much for that Mick.

Al

B)

No problem Al,

Glad it turned up ok.

Mick.

Its called a phone and a jiffy bag :hysterical:

Er, yeah, so that constitutes posting one, right?

I'm assuming you read my initial question? Here it is again, in case you're lost:

"Where can I order a single o-ring...?"

So you recommended 'my local supplier', and now you're telling me to call a supplier and get a jiffy bag sent? Back to square one?

But hey, thanks for contributing. :blink:

Al.

P.S. - thanks Mick, I O U beer! :i-m_so_happy:

You really are thick arnt you?

For those with an IQ less than 100

1.Find local supplier

2.Phone them requesting the product you want and ask them to send it to you either by snail-mail or van etc.

3.Pay for item,in your case £5 all in by post or if you could wait a couple of days the van would delivery it for free "£3 for O-ring"

4.Wait patiently...

5.Receive O-ring

6.Fit..

Apologies if Ive missed the point...

You really are thick arnt you?

For those with an IQ less than 100

1.Find local supplier

2.Phone them requesting the product you want and ask them to send it to you either by snail-mail or van etc.

3.Pay for item,in your case £5 all in by post or if you could wait a couple of days the van would delivery it for free "£3 for O-ring"

4.Wait patiently...

5.Receive O-ring

6.Fit..

Apologies if Ive missed the point...

Or...

Post question on friendly forum, get o-rings free, spend £5 on something else. :rolleyes:

FKD - you're way out of line, treacle. You've got a real bad attitude. Everyone else managed to be good humoured / enthusiastic / useful.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, all you've done is reiterate (look it up) my initial question, twice. I'm not sure if you actually think you've added to this thread or not, but in case you're under any illusion, it was better off without your comments.

You've only posted on 9 threads so far, and on two of them you've made yourself look like a first class gob****e. I'd appreciate it if you would not bother posting on threads I start in the future.

Thanks Stuck. I think he's stuck on the '...friendly forum...' thing... ;)

Al.

You've only posted on 9 threads so far, and on two of them you've made yourself look like a first class gob****e.

"Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur"

Its a wise man who speaks a little... ;)

If you were either wise or 'spoke a little', we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

Don't post drivel and then try to justify yourself by repeating what someone else said about something you barely comprehend in a language you don't speak.

This is a technical forum, I suggest we let this thread drop and the interesting stuff come forth.

Al.