Puma front diff

According to MC the Puma 110" comes with a 4-pin front diff (the 90" still with 2-pin). In this way I guess, choosing the proper Truetrac diff gets a bit difficult as I understand the front and rear ones (truetrac) are built differently.

Any clues?

M

pre 09MY Pumas certainly had 2 pin diffs in the front, i know they had a few failures of front diffs, maybe the later ones came with the 4 pin - dont know, i haven't seen any tech docs to say they do though

pre 09MY Pumas certainly had 2 pin diffs in the front, i know they had a few failures of front diffs, maybe the later ones came with the 4 pin - dont know, i haven't seen any tech docs to say they do though

But it states "110" wheelbase from (V) 7A000001.......or 130" wheelbase.........."

If this is true its a shame the clutch didn't get an upgrade at the same time...

The torque the Puma engine would develop in 1st low plus the fact 1st low is much lower than the older vehicles would be a drivetrain buster I reckon, if you were in a high traction situation (eg rocks) and giving it some beans.

Hello all,

I've a TD4 110 Defender and I feel worried about the front differential. I've noticed now that Microcat has reported, for Defender 110 Puma, has 4 pins from the beginning. If that is true I feel better in term of reliability.

Some one has already has a chance to disassembly the front differential and confirm the 4 pins?.

I'd like to ask if it is possible to download the microcat (for the Defender TD4 Puma), or to buy for private use only?

Thank you veri much in advance and I'looking to having news ....

All the Best

Giuseppe

From Italy