PTO shaft numbers ?

HI Every One

This weekend I broke my mates PTO-shaft.

The PTO is for a 109, 1 ton gearbox.

My question is: whst is the parts number for this shaft and what is the partsnumber for a PTO-shaft for PTO fitting an ordinary series 3 gearbox ?

Will it be possible to use a shaft from a Series 3 PTO in the 109, 1 ton PTO ?

Regards

Morten

hello mr Greenstream

Luckyli you did not chose MR Greengrass as username, welcome onboard, been looking for you here for a while, and do we "feel lucky today punk well do you?"

I do on your behalf our thoughts where right so now it is more off a spanner job.

Now only do need to source some instant headgasket on bottle :lol:

Kind regards

Ole.

PS: se så og få fyldt din profil ud doooo.....

I'd guess they are exactly the same, IIRC it's only suspension that is different between the 2 variants.

Hi Western

Thanks for answering.

My mate has chosen the 109, 1 ton gearbox as the gearratio should be lower in both high and low ratio. Further more then he is convinced that he has bought the PTO as an special for the 109, 1 ton. But what do I know ?

Im. writing this as you mention that you guess they are the same. Do you know it for sure ?

I dont want to upset you, I just dont want to go buying the wrong PTO.

Cheers

Greenstream

hello mr Greenstream

Luckyli you did not chose MR Greengrass as username, welcome onboard, been looking for you here for a while, and do we "feel lucky today punk well do you?"

I do on your behalf our thoughts where right so now it is more off a spanner job.

Now only do need to source some instant headgasket on bottle :lol:

Kind regards

Ole.

PS: se så og få fyldt din profil ud doooo.....

Hello Old Balls Rover :lol:

Have you been to the tech. archive, after info of how to construct a snorkel for "The Kitten" I do belive that the upright funnel in the enginebay doesnt quite do the job :P

Cheers

Morten

I am away from my parts books at the moment, but recall that 1 Ton transfer boxes have a different PTO to the standard. It is something to do with the position of the transfer gear on the back of the main box.

What type of PTO is it - mechanical rear drive / hydraulic / drop drive for a front mounted mechanical winch? Also, do you know the manufacturer?

I'll be in my office in the morning, so can look up some more information then.

Dave is correct about the PTO units being different, this thread shows the differences and why Ole ended up with the PTO unit I had originally bought. However I think that the shafts should be the same as I am pretty sure that the output of PTO unit was in the same place.

Steve

Hi Western

Thanks for answering.

My mate has chosen the 109, 1 ton gearbox as the gearratio should be lower in both high and low ratio. Further more then he is convinced that he has bought the PTO as an special for the 109, 1 ton. But what do I know ?

Im. writing this as you mention that you guess they are the same. Do you know it for sure ?

I dont want to upset you, I just dont want to go buying the wrong PTO.

Cheers

Greenstream

Sorry don't know for sure, but the other members above look to have more & accurate info, so good luck.

no upset :D

I am away from my parts books at the moment, but recall that 1 Ton transfer boxes have a different PTO to the standard. It is something to do with the position of the transfer gear on the back of the main box.

What type of PTO is it - mechanical rear drive / hydraulic / drop drive for a front mounted mechanical winch? Also, do you know the manufacturer?

I'll be in my office in the morning, so can look up some more information then.

Hi Dave

Its an mechanical rear drive PTO, dont know about the manufacturer.

Cheers

These PDFs may be useful, although I confess I only found them after DaveSIIA provided the part numbers.

The first mentions both shafts.

http://www.roversclub.org/docs/PTO.pdf

also at

http://landrover-online.dk/L-R%20WSM/series/Pto.pdf

The last refers to a Bottom PTO, and doesn't appear to mention either shaft, but as I found it ... why lose it?

http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/images/RTC7016.pdf

This last includes Operating Instructions covering power available, the different shaft / engine speeds, recommended oil and coolant temps, etc.

HTH

David,

Thanks for posting the link to RTC7016.pdf, that file had somehow slipped under my radar. I have a complete bottom PTO, with mechanical drive, sat in the garage awaiting completion of my IIA re-chassis. The plan is to run hydraulic from the bottom PTO and mechanical from the rear (one day!).

Dave