4 Pin Diffs and HD shafts???

tblandy

Youd have to have them converted as I think 4-pin diffs only come in 3.54: ratio as standard. Ashcroft transmissions could do it, but it'll cost a fair bit. You could get some diffs from a scrappie and convert them yourself using your old diffs' crown wheels and pinions, if you know how and they're good enough.

Get a rear salisbury, 4 pin and hd shafts ready, for the front........get your wallet ready, there are all the bits you need but i can get expensive. All you need is a spacer to fit a series cw&p to an hd 4 pin center in a rover diff i belive.

G

Er...... isnt a 109 fitted with a salisbury rear anyway??

Aint alot you can do with the front as uprated front shafts are made from unobtanium!

I'm running a ARB up front with standard (late) shafts. 109 should have the 24 spline outers up front anyway.

Jon

env front axle

or one of the new santana front axles from a breaker if you can find one smashed. youll be able to upgrade the internals to ashcroft and you get disc breaks all ready to bolt onto (i think.) leaf springs. i dont know why the still used leaf springs on the snatana but, they do.

Hi Folks

I am running 4 pin front in rover diffs CWP is fitted with a distance plate and some longer and stronger bolts from KAMdiff.

In the rear ARB 24 spline also using the spacer plate.

In the rear the shafts are MD with MD flanches in the front the inner shafts are GBR's and the outer shafts are std 109" multiple spline I guess that later 88" also used them I think.

So far they have stod up the abusement you can give them with 255/85 16 MT and a bog std 2,5 petrol and a ONE TON transfer box.

And as othe people say get the vallet out, but it is such a releaf that you do not need to worry about breaking shafts.

Kind regards

Ole.

Hi all.

Just as Ole i run the RD128 airlocker (new type 24 spline) in the rear. Not having a fat wallet, I decided to use as many stock landrover parts as possible. So both my rear halfshafts are standard landrover items, "how can you do that?" I hear you all say. :P Well.. On the right hand side you can fit a 110" drum braked rear sal's righthand side halfshaft. All you have to do is machine the surface for the axle seal down as there is no room for this inside the stub axle. So from now on this side wont break ;) On the left hand side I simply took the late type 88" halfshaft, which has 24 spline outer and 10 spline inner, and turned it the other way round! Now this would obviosly cause a weakspot by the 10 spline end. But as this is now the outer end it will be very easy to replace. So I simply took a spare halfshaft with me so I could change it in a matter of min's. But I've now been running this setup for a year with 2,5TD engine and 900x16 tyres and haven't popped a single shaft, letalone twisted one! I'm not super light fooded, but I apply a certain amount of mechanical sympathy.

And what I forgot: i use a Defender TDI diff casing (so that I don't have to mess around with bearing spacing, metric vs imperial) And simply put the series pinion in it. On the airlocker/crownwheel I use a spacer like others. You would be able to this aswell with a landrover 4pin diff.