electric winch

drkwack

Sorry about this but couldnt see any where else to post it, my winch has been stolen from the front of my disco. the winch is rated at 10,000lbs has synthetic blue rope is brand new, has facility to be remote or wireless, please keep your eyes and ears open and watch yours, winch come from Autolift Uk Bradford, ta

I've seen a couple of methods. The easiest (if you can weld) is to tack a couple of the bolts to the bumper, the other is the security headed bolts that just round off unless you have the proper tool.

Both ways make it a PITA to remove the winch when you might need to, but they are OK if you have access to the necessary tools wherever you are taking the winch off.

The simplest way is to put a very large chain and heavy duty padlock around the drum, through the fairlead if possible and either around the chassis or front axle. (Remove the chain before driving, obviously!!) It'll make a hell of a noise if someone tries to remove it...

If you have a pic we can keep our eyes on ebay for you?

no sorry no pics but if you go to Autolift uk web site its the one with remote control and wireless control also comes with synthetic rope, I'm going to a local autojumble in the hope some idiot is trying to sell it there, thanks for ideas on securing next one,

no sorry no pics but if you go to Autolift uk web site its the one with remote control and wireless control also comes with synthetic rope, I'm going to a local autojumble in the hope some idiot is trying to sell it there, thanks for ideas on securing next one,

It's the monthly "Fur & Feather" sale at Thirsk tomorrow.

It tends to attract a lot of people from "colourful" backgrounds and some of the lots seem to give off a bit of heat!

Might be worth phoning the Auction Mart to see if a winch is on the list................

Good luck in tracking it down.

PM me if you want to know more...............