bio in my td5

who running bio in there td5 defender or disco, any problems? what concentration how long u been running it?

assuming its good fuel.

thanks for your help on this ive found i can get it in bulk and want to know if its safe

thanks dan

who running bio in there td5 defender or disco, any problems? what concentration how long u been running it?

assuming its good fuel.

thanks for your help on this ive found i can get it in bulk and want to know if its safe

thanks dan

Hi there, after having some work carried out on my Defender TD5, the owner of BAS (Bell Auto Services) told me to steer clear of putting it in my TD5. One of his customers was in the previous week having a full set of injectors replaced in his. Just my 2p, mind you, I dont even put in Supermarket fuel. Shell Diesel extra all the way.

Isn't bio diesel really aimed towards previous models such as a 200 tdi that aren't as modern. My audi A4 avant says "Nicht fur biodiesel" too. Both relatively modern engines.

Some views I found on the subject:

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Hope this helps.

i think it depends if you mean proper B100 biodiesel, or just wedging veg oil in it.

As far as i understand it running most newer engines on veg oil will kill them, but proper biodiesel is fine.

I know there are some issues with B100 and certain types of rubber you'd have to look into.

As long as your not trying to brew it up in a barrel out the back, and are buying it from a reputable source you'll probably be fine. If you do make it yourself you will need to ensure the quality is ccok on with no contaminants or you will wreck the engine.

• 4 months later...

Hi there, after having some work carried out on my Defender TD5, the owner of BAS (Bell Auto Services) told me to steer clear of putting it in my TD5. One of his customers was in the previous week having a full set of injectors replaced in his. Just my 2p, mind you, I dont even put in Supermarket fuel. Shell Diesel extra all the way.

Isn't bio diesel really aimed towards previous models such as a 200 tdi that aren't as modern. My audi A4 avant says "Nicht fur biodiesel" too. Both relatively modern engines.

Some views I found on the subject:

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Hope this helps.

No! Maybe better, more interesting and accurate to ask the manufacturer direct. We did, asking Volkswagen for their comments on behalf of a customer running a T5 van (2.8 TDi). They replied that ALL T5s are approved for 100% biodiesel (B100) from new, and most T4s (they supply a full list of chassis numbers), plus several other engines, which they also list. I will post the Volkswagen list if anyone is interested, sorry but I don't have a Land Rover reply yet.

Please do not make general sweeping statements which may well be out of date.

PS the Hains workshop manual for my Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi (common rail) diesel turbo, which runs on 100% biodiesel, states " Injectors do deteriorate with prolonged use and it is reasonable to expect them to need reconditioning or renewal after 60,000 miles (100,000 km) or so." Is it remotely possible that the vehicle in question had already covered that sort of mileage with or without using biodiesel or veggie oil? Please check facts before leaping to conclusions.

Biodave

B100 works fine. it really depends on how it was processed. I've covered plenty a distance on B100, B50 and noticed no difference in performance. Less black smoke is a major thing as that will help you get past the MOT easier. not all places do a good refining process hence there's much 'fear' in using it.

If left sitting for too long in containers (like weeks), they tend to appear whitish and adding a lil pump diesel to the mix will sort it out and it's good to go.

As said veg oil doesn't go well with the Td5.