Shire LRC play day at Hogmoor Enclosure

On Sunday 17th May the Shire LRC have a play day at Hogmoor Enclosure, Bordon. This is a fantastic military site which is suitable for all types of vehicles and drivers of all experience. The one word to describe it is SAND - there's a lot of it! Start time is 10am and entry is £25. All drivers must be members of the Shire Land Rover Club and there is no joining on the day - anyone wishing to join please visit the website or email membership@shirelrc.com . Also, all vehicles must have valid tax, insurance and MOT. More details and a map here. I look forward to seeing you there!

Hmmmm

Maybe nearly

Today was at the AWDC Drive Around Day Marshalling

Hot old day too :)

Temps made max of 92 with both kenlowes on and after winching out of horrible goo

it then cooled fast, ..........so maybe an oil cooler is 'next' on the cards.

The 4x TDi type vents work VVV well - esp when the "Underneath" air exit is blocked off,

they actually made a spectator move away as he said it was 'F cooking him' :):lol:

Prob is I don't think I can use a sandwich type oil cooler, gouing to have to be a plate

then a cooler and a remote filter housing, so need to do some research 1st before diving in,

new water pump seems to have helped too :huh: and all in all it behaved all day :)

post-22-1241987891_thumb.jpg post-22-1241987901_thumb.jpg

^^^

Taken by mate sniggering after I got stuck after going into some horrible stinking gloop to get stuck a 4x4 out

erm .......afterwards found I too was stuck :lol: having said that matey had been there an age and 2 others had tried

and failed to get him out - so I went in and tried from 'another angle', .......and yes I got stuck :)

Nige

thats it, i will actually come this time-without landy, but im coming!its ten minuites and if i dont them im going to go mad!

if i time it right, i can go to country market car boot then wander up the road after, then go to the pub-what a day!

Well, Nige's 90 behaved itself today although it doesn't half throw out some heat! It's the first time I've been in it since he'd had the exhaust done properly and I was stunned by the flexibility and low end torque of the engine - incredible given the hairness of the cam in that thing. Oh it also sounds just a bit :wub: There's something very special about the way a very breathed on V8 sounds

Another great day with the SLRC .....really enjoyed the day

If your in Hampshire, surrey Sussex you should consider joining and popping along.........

Anyway a few pics :

Turned up, and had just signed on when the MOD land warden arrived,.................

This was the chap I had rescued 3 weeks ago at the Challenger 4x4 winch challenge,

I said "Hi" and "Stuck again are we :P ???" he said :

"Funny you should say that Nige ................."

So, 1st job - recover the Land Warden with Jon White and Will W

1strescuewarden1.jpg

1strescuewarden11.jpg

1strescuewarden12.jpg

1strescuewarden13.jpg

Having done the 1st good deed of the day we returned to the site :

I did have to try a tad of 'water testing' .......................... :

coughwatertestin.jpg

As did some others: .....................

theV8startedlastfinsihed1st.jpg

Jon (V890Jon) started last finished 1st :)

Erm.....then he did some pond 'depth testing' :

jonplayingsubmarines.jpg

Jon White did some 'cart spring' flexing :P (Its has huge movement for a series :) ):

bitoffles2.jpg

bitofflexfromJWandcartsprings.jpg

Then some deep mud, 4.5V8 lockers, pegged diffs, ashcroft and quaife shafts loads of revs and a few mods more :

givinitlarge.jpg

erm.....followed by a standard Range Rover Auto with bald BFGs :( ..............

ermgivinitlargewithnolockersnonothi.jpg

and yes he made it FFS :(:lol: .........why do we bother sometimes, ..........he did so well with a std RR :D

Found some nice climbs / cross axles to test out the new suspension mods : ...............

Suspesniontestingpostmodsfrontnowfl.jpg

itsnotbrokenmadamthatsaxleflex.jpg

No madam its not broken - thats rear axle flex :)

And that was a great day that was :)

Nothing broken, suspension mods seem good, and just needs a F good clean :lol:

Oh and a refuel el naturelle :(

Nige

Anyway a few pics :

As did some others: .....................

theV8startedlastfinsihed1st.jpg

And that was a great day that was :)

Nothing broken, suspension mods seem good, and just needs a F good clean :lol:

Oh and a refuel el naturelle :(

Nige

Thats my mates old red bob-tailed r/rover in the back ground, it never did like water :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
Thats my mates old red bob-tailed r/rover in the back ground, it never did like water :lol:

yeah! thats 'BOB'!

hes a diesel now, not sure if he was there, but if not i doubt it would have made it very far through that water..

:lol: