Rover V8 Torgue and Ignition graphs data needed

Hello all,

HELP, have a dig for whatever you may have, e-mail , fax , or file downloads, whatever you have ... !

Have now started down "Chosen route" to see if I can get a waterproof V8 :lol:

collecting bits at a furious rate, and could do with data and help and info on ignition maps, and torgue graphs or data etc.

So, if you have.

1. Ignition tables of any sort, ie timing position vs RPM for any Rover V8 engines (V8 3.5 2.9 4.2s 4.6s or specials like mine) then please post or PM me

2. Torque graphs, data sheets, again as in the above, for any config Rover V8 engine.

3. Anyone who has programmable 3D mapable Ignition timing (using MAP) then please give me any data such as what you have settings at etc.

Whilst many V8 rover engines will vary, there should be a consistancy acroos the board to give a starting (no pun intended) point .....

Nige :ph34r:

Nige,

You may get the answers you are looking for by posting the same question on the Piston Heads Technical forum and the Piston Heads TVR forum ………. Some of those guys are running MS.

BTW: I have a good idea on the toothed wheel ……… I’ll give you a bell next week ………& CD’s in the post late today ;)

Ian

It wont do you any good casue it'll be all wrong for your engine!

You'll need to ask Eales.......

It's still somewhere to start from...

If anyone has this data I'd be very interested too, since I'm (finally) about to start installing the Megasquirt'n'EDIS in the Range Rover.

Is anyone in touch with Dave White from the Yorkshire Off Road Club? He's Megasquirt'n'EDISed his 100" Defender, so must have fuel and ignition maps for it. Don't know what size engine he runs.

Is anyone in touch with Dave White from the Yorkshire Off Road Club? He's Megasquirt'n'EDISed his 100" Defender, so must have fuel and ignition maps for it. Don't know what size engine he runs.

I think he runs a 3.9, I'm pretty sure its a stock production engine bar the MS & EDIS. He sometimes posts on D44

The dizzy is basically a 3.9 shaft and weights springs etc mounted into a 3,5 case with amop under coil and NO Vacumn advancve at all

Runs at 32 degrees at 4000RPM, which gives 14-16 at tickover.

As such a basic advance curve would help me.

Others must have stuff that will be either a base, or even impriove etc, its all a learning curve.

I am going to "MAP" my own dizzy curve, with me Snap On Light unit every 250 rpm and then plot it down, all helps....

Nige