For those who want GKN propshafts

Boothy

After reading another post with a chap having trouble with inferior propshafts, can I offer some advice,

My wide angled yoked, 4" slider, yes 4", with genuine GKN U/Js made by GKN in Leek, Staffordshire, England, UNITED KINGDOM,

that cost a lot less than most of the inferior imported competition, was supplied to my order, i.e. odd length, and was delivered within 7 days of the order being placed, I was absolutely delighted, and has now done afull year of challenge events with the big V8 twisting on it.

It was supplied via Neal of "Rakeway" of Cheadle Staffs, who has a website and his bespoke engineering services are second to none, and no I have no connections with him except as a customer.

Good service, good product, good price, good news for once.

Although probably not as good as the above - I look out for genuine 110 props at Sodbury etc - then cut them down as required and weld the two halves back together.

If you keep the two halves in the original alignment and your welding isn't too messy, the balance is unaltered. If you clamp the two halves in a piece of big angle they stay in line as they are welded too.

In fact I'm going to make a Freelander prop out of one in about an hour!

Si