Identifying VDO pressure sender

bishbosh

OK folks,

I have an 80psi VDO sender. Thread looks to be M14, but it is tapered so perhaps not?

Stamped on the flats of the hex nut are:

8 +- 2lbs /sq inch - this is self explanatory I think

30/20

The sender has two "outputs". The casing adjacent to each is marked "G" and "WK"

Can anyone positively identify it please?

Thanks,

Bish.

Ralph,

Yes, it looks like those but with two terminals.

What I really want to know is the thread so I can work out how to connect it to my 200TDi. I have a feeling that the 30/20 relates to that but I cannot find reference to it. (Plenty of others, like 26/23 etc)

Sorry if this is hijacking this thread but is very related topic.....does anyone know what type of vehicles would use a standard VDO pressure sender like the one in the pic.I need one around 5 bar but could also be useful at 10 bar(plan to use one as back up to mechanical one on my Toyota engine series 3 and one for the on board compressor measuring-Ive already got the gauges).

The new ones are crazy prices and I am sure must be able to get them in a scrappy but not found anything yet...if I knew what cars would have suitable VDO senders that would be a help...ps I am inSouth Africa so must be something common

OK, so it looks like the pressure sender is 1/4" NPT male.

So how do I connect it to the 200TDI then which I understand (from using the search function :P :P ) is M10 x 1.

Lots of googling has failed to find an adapter to suit or even a combination of adapters. :(

Don't really want to buy a new sender (got this one cheap as part of a job lot from on here a while back :) ) as they are nearly £40! :o

I would also like to keep the dash warning light too, just to complicate things!!

Yes - studied that thread with interest (searched you see ;) ) but I don't think the adaptor will receive effectively an M14 when it is made for an M10!

I think it is either a custom T adaptor (1/4" NPT female one end, M10 female another and M10 male on the other) or a new sender :(

I might be able to simplify it by using the blanked position for the warning light so I just need 1/4" NPT to M10......... anyone...?

it is quite an odd size as most are 1/8". The sensor i fitted to the A4 for oil pressure utilised a "T" piece, with male and female M10's and a 1/8" NPT on the side for the sensor.

Perhaps one of these T's plus a 1/8" -> 1/4" NPT adaptor?

it is quite an odd size as most are 1/8". The sensor i fitted to the A4 for oil pressure utilised a "T" piece, with male and female M10's and a 1/8" NPT on the side for the sensor.

Perhaps one of these T's plus a 1/8" -> 1/4" NPT adaptor?

My thoughts exactly, but I cannot find the reducer from 1/4" NPT to 1/8" NPT.

I shall try and call around today.....