NEED HELP BAD TD5 NOT GOING

ok so just went out for a run with my brother nothing to mad no deep water on any thing but had a loss of power and the engine was definatly running on less than all cylinders now it doesnt want to start.the problem happen when i was goign up a slight incline but nuthing i hadden done 5min before. i had just filled it up before we set out but the tank waswnt total empety before.

i think it could be fuel not getting to the engine had gone thought a real deal pupple a week or to ago and stuff could have got in that is my only thought. anyother ideas????

where can i bleed the fuel to the top of the inlet mainifold (and yes i wish i had a 200tdi right now cos id no how i could do it) just read some of the manual do i bleed it bellow the fuel cooler on the manifold (aahhhhh i hate landrover manualss)

also the ecu got well, wet as well but all keeped going, where is there a relay or somthing that might now had lost the connection???

any help would be most appreciated

water in the ecu won't help & could be the cause of the problem

just checked all the connection to the ecu and they are all clean on bad corrotion and unplugged and plugged back in every thing elce as well, i havent opened the ecu yet but i dout that water could have got in.

the fuel pump is not starting up, usual when you turn the key you get the usual buzzing for it to get up to pressure its not doing that????

Loss of power and a misfire could easily be a lungful of water and a bent conrod... possibly water sitting in the bottom of the pipe and ingested by the turbo running on full boost going up the hill. Hope not for your wallet's sake.

If the ECU gets water in it usually does what any computer does - go phut and not work at all - but if it just got a splash I doubt it will be the problem. Otherwise water in the fuel, fuel pressure problem, oil in the injector harness, all could produce similar symptoms.

i havent opened the ecu yet but i dout that water could have got in.

the fuel pump is not starting up, usual when you turn the key you get the usual buzzing for it to get up to pressure its not doing that????

When you say the ecu "got well wet" how wet do you mean? Submerged, splashed?

There are breather holes on the base of the ecu, so it's relatively easy to get water inside.

I would start with lack of fuel pump working first. Check relay under seat to see if it's clicking and check voltages before and after.

Steve

thats how wet the ecu got all has been working fine up till this point i drove a good 100+ miles afer i had done that, i have checked both the main relay and the fuel pump rely and they are both working, 20amp fuse for the fuel pump had gon so changed that but still it is not running. realy think it might be a blokage in the fuel pipe some where, i dont realy no enought about the td5 to know what to undo and what no to.

post-13761-1245838502_thumb.jpg

If the fuel pump isn't activating when you switch the ignition on, I'd be checking for a feed at the pump itself now you've ruled out the relay/fuse.

If theres an electrical feed, try powering the pump up. Either with some wire or a power probe.

Mick.