Half shafts

big tim

No, they are different axles -you could swap axles but it is a quite serious amount of work, including fabrication work.

The half shafts i am on about are from an 08 plate defender which to be fair does the axle not look that much different to mine. Just thought it might be a cheaper way to up grade my half shafts ready for when i get an arb diff.Cheers Tim.

The half shafts i am on about are from an 08 plate defender which to be fair does the axle not look that much different to mine. Just thought it might be a cheaper way to up grade my half shafts ready for when i get an arb diff.Cheers Tim.

Dunno about the later type, I thought the later type axles were rover items anyway and not Salisbury ones. I thought halfway through TD5 they stopped fitting them. Mabe on the 130's or higher carrying capacitys they are still sold.

I'm not sure if they will fit your axle although fitting a salisbury isnt all that much work there is no fabrication involved except for Propshaft modification but thats best left to experts its a nut and bolt job otherwise. You will need to get a shorter propshaft my 90 uses a rare TDI RR Classic front Prop that is an inch shorter when closed to my old standard item which works out perfect. You will need to get one cut down or find one an inch shorter than your original.

The spring locators need to be changed to your old ones as the 110/130 have larger diameter springs other than that just bolt it up, be warned tho that Britpart shafts are carp even tho they are salisbury ones! Also note salisbury axles are bloody heavy and you will need a spreader to get the diff out to fit your choice of locker as and when. Jai

The Shafts from the 08 110" will fit straight into your 24 spline axle no problem.

in fact the shafts from any disc braked 110" inc salisbury axles will fit straight in. the part numbers are TOB500020 and TOB500030. This shaft is now used across the board on the rear of all defenders including late td5 and the 2.4 90"'s aswell.

Steve

The Shafts from the 08 110" will fit straight into your 24 spline axle no problem.

in fact the shafts from any disc braked 110" inc salisbury axles will fit straight in. the part numbers are TOB500020 and TOB500030. This shaft is now used across the board on the rear of all defenders including late td5 and the 2.4 90"'s aswell.

Steve

Thats good news then cheers Steve

IIRC the casings are the same, so if you bought a 110 24 spline ARB, then they would defo fit, you might have to replace some hub parts aswell though.

mikey