MPG for Td5

I am now the proud owner of a '04 td5 90 for 10 months or so. When i first got greengrass( man and machine where both given the name) it was doing 26 mpg. I have since changed my habits and got it up to 29 mpg. Its just got its first engine service(shame on me) and has just returned a 32 mpg. It has no engine or box upgrades. Is this as good as it gets or can i expect more.

I forgot to mention that it is used for short runs, 11 miles each way to work. I started to drive it like a truck driver and not a car driver and its paying of. Havent done any towing for this result. I was kinda hoping i was doing good.

... "I started to drive it like a truck driver and not a car driver" ...

There's the secret I think, anticipate slow-downs in advance and ease off the gas to compensate rather than caning it to the red light and stopping with a cloud of tyre smoke - then scream away again, (well, figuratively speaking.)

I try to drive my D3 like a truck driver and it definately pays off.

....this is indeed as good as it gets.

Unless you drive EVERYWHERE like an absolute angel, you may see a little bit more. Maybe. On a good day. With a tailwind.

You forgot about putting the Mast up, and leaving the missus behind! :blink::lol:

I get 26 everywhere with a 110.

how does the mpg compare to a td5 disco.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

about the same.

td5 manual disco - 28mpg prior to upgrades when driving at 70 on the motorway, after upgrades i can get 30ish doing the same.

Nick

I've been keeping track of mine too. In the last 13 months; 1217.15 litres (267.74 gallons); 7439.9 miles it has averaged 27.79 mpg. It is a bit difficult to say what the peaks and troughs are (I don't always brim the tank) but roughly between 25 and 30 mpg. It gets used a lot on motorways (two thirds of those miles) where I tend to do around 80. Lowest ever was 400 mile round trip up the M1 to Leeds and back.

sounds pretty good to me!..I would be pleased with that.I run 265 mud terrains and get about 25-30.With a IRB developments chip.Before the chip was getting 24-26.Country driving going no faster than 45,main roads not going over 65....but having said that now i have the stage 2+1,full width intercooler,egr bypass,de-cat etc etc ive given up with fuel consumption.I just enjoy drivng it and put fuel in it when it needs it!