Can anyone recommend a good laser cutting company

chrism

Im urgently after some brackets to be cut out early next week, not that much but it will save me alot of work! I have dxf drawings ready to go and standard tolerances so nothing fancy. If anyone could reccomend a company that wont charge the earth for a quick turn around that would be helpful

Im urgently after some brackets to be cut out early next week, not that much but it will save me alot of work! I have dxf drawings ready to go and standard tolerances so nothing fancy. If anyone could reccomend a company that wont charge the earth for a quick turn around that would be helpful

Can they be cnc plasma cut instead,

Carl.

Price is excellent, but delivery can be three weeks, because he fits them in to what is otherwise scrap material from other peoples jobs, but Malcolm High at

http://www.modelengineerslaser.co.uk/

will take a dwg or dxf file and laser cut very well. He's done a fantastic job of the stuff i've had. Tell him i sent you.

As White 90,

NAS 90 (Dave) is a very helpful chap and altho i haven't used him to cut anything he fwd'd some drawings for something i wanted to make and asked on here about when everybody else was very reluctant to offer any help and advice !!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late - but I was going to recommend Cirrus Laser (as run by NAS90).

They do all the Laser Cutting for X-Eng and over the last 5 years have given me a brilliant service. They are not the cheapest - but I reckon they are the best value! They can now do folding too with a F.O big CNC brake press which is just a bit cool!

Si

I was sorted out by macclesfield laser in the end. Good service really although they missed the post one day so they were a day late. Price seemed very good, and the quality is some of the best laser cutting I have seen! I now have and account with them!!!

Chris

Bit late - but I was going to recommend Cirrus Laser (as run by NAS90).

They do all the Laser Cutting for X-Eng and over the last 5 years have given me a brilliant service. They are not the cheapest - but I reckon they are the best value! They can now do folding too with a F.O big CNC brake press which is just a bit cool!

Si

Wow, I would love to spend a few hours there watching all that science fiction style cutting.

I remember being shown the cutters in Cambridge University's engineering department many years back and learning that you can actually use water to cut, incredible.

Good website as well. Lots of info on there explaining everything.