200tdi lacking power

Evening all,

i have a 200tdi defender engine trnsplanted into my old TD 90, it runs very well but i struggle to get above 60 and it doesnt pull that well up hills, is this normal? could this be because i still have the 1986 TD gearbox fitted? what would you all recommend? fit a larger intercooler and different transfer box?

colin

wll be the almost same gearing as a 200tdi factory vehicle, check the throttle cable adjutment, the plastic knurled nut sometimes moves on the cable & can affect the throttle position & range of movement of the throttle arm on the pump.

wll be almost the same gearing as a 200tdi factory vehicle, check the throttle cable adjutment, the plaqstic knurled nut sometimes moves on the cable & can affect the throttle position & range of movement of the throttle arm on the pump.

Theres a slightly lower ratio on 5th on the LT77 fromt he TD compared tot he tdi LT77s. This shouldnt make a huge amount of difference though.

Is your lift pump working correctly? I'd check the throttle cable movement first as Ralph suggests then think about changing the fuel lift pump. It worked on mine and i think the pump was partially working. Everything else felt ok, just a rubish top end.

didn't notice any difference in my 110 [previously fitted with a TD] & the new 200tdi