IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

"IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!, IT RUNS!!!!!".. (These are the words I have been shouting thoughout the villege I live in for the last 30 minutes!)

I have just got my 200TDI running (Disco engine into a 1988 90)... After months and months.. Well 10 months actually with the 19j 2.5 turbo. And learning how to count to 20 everytime I use the glow plugs and sat there fed up whilst the old 2.5 Turbo spluttered for another 20 seconds until it would fire.. Or the days I was lazy and just used Easy-Start.... Well them days have gone!!!.

Just plumbed the 200tdi in, Even got rid of the middle silencer (Replaced it with 2 inch pipe) which means the lot of the exhaust is new now!..

Using a flat battery I attempted to start the 90 for the first time with its 200TDI in.. (The engine has been stood for over a year (Maybe even 3!!!) and only started once before I bought it.. Well just gave it 3 seconds on the glow plugs.. And BANG it fired on the second crank of the engine!!!!!!... All was not well though as I forgot that my dad has removed the oil filter!.. So soon got covered in oil so grabbed a new filter from my stores and checked everything (I was too eager the first time so learnt from my mistake).. And it Starts and runs like a brand new engine!!!.

Sorry if this is a bit over the top.. But itst he first time I have removed engines on my own (Both 90 and 200tdi engines) and first time I have fitted one with help from this forum and my dad. Its also been a learning curve up to now and im wearing a huge grin... And old engine oil :P.

Even the old engine oil is clean and not completely black!!!.

Sorry, Just thought I would share with you all.. :D

Off to go and fit the rest of it now!!!

That's good news to hear. The 200TDi is a remarkable engine.

Well just gave it 3 seconds on the glow plugs.. And BANG it fired on the second crank of the engine!!!!!!... All was not well though as I forgot that my dad has removed the oil filter!..

And it Starts and runs like a brand new engine!!!

Am I the only one who sees a slight contradiction? :ph34r:

I trust it wasn't run for more than a mere couple of seconds without the oil filter!