D2 TD5 ES Auto

Bumpydog

OK, now I'm confused! My partner has a 2004 D2 TD5 ES Auto. According to our local tame mechanic, this vehicle does not have a difflock position on the transfer box lever, yet the manual says that the difflock position is to the left of the H-L position, as on most other Landies. He says that the local LR dealer confirmed the lack of a difflock. Is this true? Is this unique to Autos?

If this is the case, it'll be sold in a shot.

Malcolm

2004 models all had a difflock. Can u push the lever to the left? If so, there is a difflock.

No, that was the point, as I assumed it to be siezed through lack of use. Sadly, the traction control/ABS is no substitute for difflocks and the car will have to go. It got stuck in a field where it really shouldn't have. Ah well,this is the last Land Rover in a long list of LR ownership :-( Hate to say this - but it looks like a L*ndcr**s*r will have to be the replacement. It's a real shame that LR seem to be now targetting the school-run mums.

Malcolm.

Some of the D2 tranfer boxes just don't have the levers but otherwise have all in the internals for a diff lock.

It can be retro fitted. A D2 with centre diff lock and traction control is a brilliant combination off road.

2004 models all had a difflock. Can u push the lever to the left? If so, there is a difflock.

No they didn't - difflock was always an option though in some markets (probably including yours - and definitely including here) it was probably specified on all orders because it was so worthwhile.

The book will describe the difflock function to cover those vehicles - but if it's not marked on the lever and its label then it isn't factory fitted. I agree that the ETC is rubbish compared to even a centre difflock (packs up too often on mine - bong bong bong and lots of wheelspin) but that and a difflock would be good I reckon :)

Thats right, I have a D2 TD5 2001, and it dosent have the difflock nosecone on the transfer box, however it can be retro fitted.

Ashcroft have the stick and cable on their website at 245 pounds, and you can fit a nosecone from a trashed transfer box, or again Ashcroft have new parts.

Good luck