Towbar Pictures

Gents,

I got a towbar cheap from the dealership for my 90 which had been taken from off of a new Defender.

They informed me it would fit and I have checked that it all lines up with my new galv chassis.

What doesnt look really clear is how the support stays that extend from the towbar plate to the chassis rails are connected.

I have the anti roll bar brackets that the stays seem to line up with but not quite sure how they attach or if I have a small bracket missing.

I bought the towbar sold as seen and can get any missing items manufactured.

What I really need is pictures to show the setup.

So if any helpfull chaps are out there who could oblige with some pics I would really appreciate it.

As always thanks in advance.

Cheers

Gruntus :)

They fit to the TD5, TDCi fuel tank holder on later Defenders.

Steve

Thanks Steve, It looks like I will need to get some new new stays manufactured.

Is there anyone out there with a 200/300TDi that can comment on where the stays are connected to the chassis rails?

Regards

Grant

Thanks Steve, It looks like I will need to get some new new stays manufactured.

Is there anyone out there with a 200/300TDi that can comment on where the stays are connected to the chassis rails?

Regards

Grant

On a 110 they attach on the deep point of the curve of the chassis rail on the bottom edge. Not sure on a 90 though.

Hi Chaps,

First off thanks and second sorry for the slow reply (work and all that).

I do have RAVE and didnt give it a second thought (donut), thanks for the photos and will give a piccy and/or update on what does/doesnt fit! :D

Cheers

G :)