London to Brighton run

grumbleweed

Next sunday is the annual London to Brighton run starting at Crystal Palace, and ending up in (strangely enough) Brighton.

Is anyone from here going?

There are a few of us booked in already to go. You can pay on the door - 25 quid for the day.

Hope this year isn't going to be as wet as last though!!!!!

It is possible to pay at the door. Last year it cost £30 and Tee shirts were available at Brighton on a first come first served basis and limited sizes. If you do decide to go make sure you get to Crystal Palace early as the registration tent can get quite busy. You could of course get there on Saturday afternoon and camp. Last year there was an impromptu party with some of the guys playing guitars. :D

Now I've got the Defender back on the road, I'm going. Got my application off yesterday and sent an e-mail for good measure.

Hope this year isn't going to be as wet as last though!!!!!

It couldn't have got any wetter unless they asked us to drive into the sea :lol:

You can pay on the door? Are you sure of that, as there's no mention on the website?

I've just got my insurance sorted and the Defender fixed properly so would loe to come, I doubt there's time to post off an application now though, what with the post as it is.

I have paid on the 'door' as it were twice before so i dont see any difference this year

Just seen the weather- MIGHT be a bit grey, but supposedly dryish

too many flippin Disco's :ph34r:

Apart from that all good, party on Saturday was non existant until we cracked the cans and managed to keep the banter going till 3am, much to the upset of a few old grumps.

Gutted I didn't get my leafer sorted in time, it would had been grand to have done it in a proper Land Rover, always next year for that :lol:

Hi all first post and all that, did the L2B this year for the first time in a 300 TDi disco in company with Joe90, i'm also a friend of Holyzeus, that said i enjoyed the run with the great weather after what i heard about last year. My motors are a 200TDi Disco with the usual off road mods, the 300 for the road and an SJ also for off road fun, no moans everybody has a dark side.