ARB compressors

JST

i know very little about much and less about ARB compressors.

In short i have a std compressor in the truck with 3 outlets? 2 have an axle locker each and the third has the pressure regulator of what ever its called which kicks the compressor in and out.

No ideally i would like 5 feeds out from the compressor for various things, so how do i go about changing whats there and what do i need? any suggestions welcome, with a link would be ideal.

What sort of pressure are you wanting to use out of the compressor?

the ARB switch cuts it around 120psi approx

you'll need toadd a Tee piece to the pressure swich port or alternatley drill the air chamber for additional pressure switches

you could fit additional solenoids the same as the Arb ones that vent on the solenoid block themselves.

Joe90 did a pic recently that shows additional connections to a compressor.

I added a T piece between the arb and the regulator.

For some reason arb use bsp threads not the more common npt type. Seem to remember needing tapered thread on the arb but parallel thread for the air bit. I found a friendly plumbers merchants who found the right bits for about £2.

My set-up is a bit different. I have one feed (central one) for the cut-off, one feed for the air freespool and the third goes to a small alluminium distribution block from which I have the 2 lockers and a PCL connector. I decided that this was better as the distribution block also gives room for 2 further expansion ports (centre winch freespool, etc)...

All mounted behind the passenger seat on the bulkhead. Not overly elegant, but definitely functional and all interconnected with 8mm pipe to keep the air volume up.

James , Fit a 1/8 bsp Tee piece before each solenoid , or a Tee on a Tee on one solenoid port to give you a five port outlet , I would strongly advise against drilling a pressure vessel to obtain more ports .

Jase - who would you get them from?

anyone have a good reliable internet source?

Tony - cheers for link, was after push fits really well, push fit one end 1/8 the other.

When dya need them by ? , Another soloution is pipe a tee into a manifold block then it can be fitted remotely and take a few more accesory ports .

no major rush but just trying to sort a few things now am after 2 x 6mm OD push fit 'y' Pieces, plus 1 x 6mm OD push fit to 1/8 BSP plus some 6mm pipe currently!!! you have a source?

James,

I buy fittings from AEP on Heathpark in Honiton and they are very helpful, Pirtek on Marsh Barton in Exeter are also good. If you want some 6mm pneumatic nylon pipe i have a fair bit, drop me a line and i will leave some behind when i collect the cutter tomorrow, also have a new 1/8bsp - 6mm push fit elbow if you want it.

James,

I buy fittings from AEP on Heathpark in Honiton and they are very helpful, Pirtek on Marsh Barton in Exeter are also good. If you want some 6mm pneumatic nylon pipe i have a fair bit, drop me a line and i will leave some behind when i collect the cutter tomorrow, also have a new 1/8bsp - 6mm push fit elbow if you want it.

Ben yes please, could you bring some tomorrow please?