110 utility conversion

If its an A you're likely not going to get it to Estate. A is Utility.

i'd leave it as 2999 if you're not travelling.

I sent a good photo of Plate and explained M isn't a utility its a station waggon. Thats all.

Its likely a class 7 Drizz. no problem if you have local test centre.

• 9 months later...

sorry to bump such an old thread

I have a 110 High Capacity pickup bought recently, the registration document says 3499 GVW but the plate says 3050kg, it's MOT runs out on 29th jan 2011, it says on the MOT certificate class IV but it was last tested 29/01/10, if this 3000kg limit for class 7 is correct surely the last MOT would have been a class 7

Am I going to get refused if I put it in for a class 4 MOT

sorry to bump such an old thread

I have a 110 High Capacity pickup bought recently, the registration document says 3499 GVW but the plate says 3050kg, it's MOT runs out on 29th jan 2011, it says on the MOT certificate class IV but it was last tested 29/01/10, if this 3000kg limit for class 7 is correct surely the last MOT would have been a class 7

Am I going to get refused if I put it in for a class 4 MOT

it's a commercial vehicle [pick up] so should really be a Class 7 test, Class 4 is for passenger vehicles [i.e. - 110 station wagon with GVW less than 3000kg]

you can get the V5 Reg document amended, by sending a photo of the VIN plate showing the GVW & the chassis number with a covering letter stating what you expect & DVLA should/will issue a new V5 with the correct weight info showing.

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm wondering why it would have been given a class 4 test though, surely when they input the registration into the computer it comes up as 3499kg because that's what they have on their system.

I have 3 old MOT certs and it's always been done as a class IV

• 4 years later...