The Clubman Challenge Aftermath

Matt BADLRC

Thank you to everybody that entered The Clubman Challenge at Mow Cop, it would appear you all had a good time, and it was nice to see some new faces to our events, we did however have some disapionting retirements.

I will post results here untilFriday/ early next week when I get back from hoilday and I can get back to my desk to post the full event results on the event website.

1st Car 15 Ian & Steve Pots 4274 points

2nd Car 2 Simon Essam 3695 points

3rd Car 16 Dan Thomas & Matt Price 3604 points

4th Car 8 Daffyd Belton & Nick Bird 3374 points

5th Car 19 Chris Booth & Jamie Booth 2497 points

6th Car 11 Roger Fergusson & Kevin Thomas 1969 points

7th Car 10 James Raftery & Russell Bayley 1239

Entries are now being taken for round 6 at Hameldon Quarry its a 150 acer site and it will be 80 punches and punch cards on both sides again

Great day, really did enjoy it from start to finish, thanks to all the marshalls and organisers for a friendly and fun event, well done.

Thanks to Alan Kemp for the loan of a "A" frame ball joint when mine gave up the ghost as far away from the car park as possible opposite side of a swamp properly causing me a major headache of how to get it back to repair it plus not having a spare, I owe you one thanks again Alan.

Some hard punches proving that Mow Cop can easily support a major event on a large and varied site, especially one 4 fields away from home which is nice.

Poor old Saley, broke his motor getting it off the trailer, felt well and truly gutted for him.

Anyway great day, great weekend, Tong next weekend then engine out to see where the smoke's coming from some of you will be glad to know, it definitley gets worse when its leaning to the drivers side and facing a very steep up hill.

Thanks to everyone that came. Really enjoyed setting it out and glad you all enjoyed it.

Big thanks to Nick Dave Charlie and Matt, with out them this event wouldn't be able to take place.

Glad you enjoyed it Zim Hope to see you at the next one (don't think it will be quite as hard)

Thanks to all of the BAD team for such a brill day, really enjoyed it with a wide range of very tasty punches.

A bonus was the 3rd place which nor me or matt didnt expect with not pushing hard and just having a gently day, if only a didnt squish a cane on the s/s we could have come above you barney :P

I was gutted for saley having travled down from wigan only to start his truck up and switch it off again :( ( i owe you one for the headsets aswel john :D ).

twiggy had a real bad day though, had to recover him 3 times :o:o:o:o

on a high note, im glad to see that his new signalling works to show that he's in distress, much to the horror of spectators....... that is if any are still alive after the inhaling of all that blue smoke :lol::lol::lol:

dan

Glad i came to this event now , had a great day out , cheers to all the organisers , could see the effort that had gone in to setting out , was a great sprit with the other competetors , every one seamed to be enjoying them selfs wasnt unusuall to just see a car parked up taking 5 mins :lol:

hope fully make the next one

cheers

Dafydd

Just coudn't believe it, got it home and took the diff out and the teeth had gone from half the pinion,it finished the last event drove in the garage then out and around the yard and on the trailer on saturday morning without a sound.

Realy p****d of was looking forward to this site,had a watch and it looked great see you at the next one.

Cracking event,

Thanks to all involved.

Slightly windy overnight, lucky my pie eating habit kept the tent glued to the ground.

Brilliant selection of puches, I have never seen gloop that deep stuck to the sides of a gulley before.

Sadly my 8 year old Husky pulled its last, many thanks to Dafydd for dragging us out of the last punch.

Roll on December.

Cheers,

Guss.

Great day out thanks to all the marshalls, hope the cramp is not to bad Barney nice to work with you on this one hope you are up for more when Marks not available (on internation duty).

Cheers

Simon

will quite gladly compete with you again forarms are still suffering lol

Hope to see you all soon with motors in one peice

Just coudn't believe it, got it home and took the diff out and the teeth had gone from half the pinion,it finished the last event drove in the garage then out and around the yard and on the trailer on saturday morning without a sound.

Realy p****d of was looking forward to this site,had a watch and it looked great see you at the next one.

Heard something about sabotage on your car and twiggys name mentioned or is it that Glyn has left his curse of unreliability on you,

Cracking event,

Thanks to all involved.

Slightly windy overnight, lucky my pie eating habit kept the tent glued to the ground.

Brilliant selection of puches, I have never seen gloop that deep stuck to the sides of a gulley before.

Sadly my 8 year old Husky pulled its last, many thanks to Dafydd for dragging us out of the last punch.

Roll on December.

Cheers,

Guss.

no problem Guss any time , know you would have done the same for any one else

yea come on people , hundreds of pics where taken and we never get to see them :huh: , still after the photos from muddy truckers but none ever surfaced :angry:

All the photos from all our events are put up as soon as we get them, they will appear on the badlc website under photos and on the clubman challenge website, i will post a link here as and when I have got them, promise :)

Glad you all enjoyed it the photos will be along shortly subject to the Royal mail delivering the CD. The results are here Clubman Challenge Mow Cop Results

Did any of the guys that stripped down at the end see Alans Stuff, if not it might be worth getting Boothy to nip and have a look?

I have updated the results as it was noticed by he who sets out that I had missed something out on the specials scores, it doesn't change the placing just how long the figures are in the scores. Sorry but I spend all day sat in front of the laptop taking all the radio messages whilst you do your stuff getting to the punches :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...