cruise control not working

jameslwt

as per the title, the cruise on my 97 v8 disco has not worked since I got it. I thought it was just the acc/set switch on the wheel as it was broken, but having replaced this I still don't have cruise control. The main dashboard switch certainly lights up when pressed. Any ideas where to look next?

Cheers

James

well looking at the vac pipes, surprise surprise they look a bit perished at the ends. Sadly due to the heavy rain today and an LPG install that gets in the way under the bonnet, I didn't get much further than establishing this, as I will need to take the washer bottle out to get access.

Many thanks for everything so far. Lets see what happens next..... :ph34r:

The vacuum hose and a T piece should just be laying and unfixed behind the the washer bottle.

A top tip is after you have trimed the split ends wrap a few tight laps of PVC electrical tape over the ends and they won't split there again.

post-5809-125896320314_thumb.jpg

The vacuum hose and a T piece should just be laying and unfixed behind the the washer bottle.

A top tip is after you have trimed the split ends wrap a few tight laps of PVC electrical tape over the ends and they won't split there again.

Thanks for the tip.

I can see it but sadly due to the LPG install pipes being in the way removing the bottle looks like the only option. Will take a closer look when the weather gets better (that'll be next year then!)

cheers

you could just replace the entire hoses. thats how i fixed mine

you need about 8 feet of 6mm fuel hose, works great, and only costs about 15 quid. i asked my local landy shop about the proper hoses, and was shocked that they wanted over a 100 quid for it.

• 2 weeks later...

So finally got round to sorting the vac pipes. Despite some perished ends, no joy. I went through all the pipework and checked/sorted it. So whats the next obvious step? Should I be testing the vac pump (how?) or looking at the cruise ECU? I am assuming there is only 1 fuse for the system - according to the manual it also runs the rear wash/wipe and that's fine so discounted that one!

Cheers

James

I would think the the vac pump would have to be removed and connected to a battery on the bench to test it. The diaphram in the throttle actuator could be faulty, I surpose you have to suck on it to test that one, I believe the ECU is reliable so doesn't give problems but it can always be a first.

• 2 years later...

hellO!

My -98 V8 disco have an cruiseproblem too! I have checked all hoses, connectors etc. I tried to "override"vacuum pump, and it works, and makes vacuum...I can see diafragm moving when pump is activated!

I Can allso hear reley clicking when i "activate" cruise on "highway button"...!

BUT it work....time to time and some times not!

What migt next step be, when non of "know issues" are an issue?

someone? :)

cheers

Jan