8274 brake tool

Agreed Tony. But having had to rebuild the rear brake in situ in the mud on the De-cider and having dropped the ball bearings twice in to the mud cause the molegrips slipped trying to line up the woodruf key I would say the idea is sound (if it works!). What price innovation?

It certainly does that - I have one of the pre-pro ones and it is very good! Personally, I always found mole grips caused ans many problems as they solved and you really needed long nose grips to get a decent hold on the plates.

Will I actually have long nose Mole grips and yes they work great.

take up no room and provide other uses as a tool.

Mark when my brake disappeared in the mud the woodruff keys and majority of bearings went

so rebuilding it was out of the question till I got home,

Now I carry spares of all of it.

Tony, with one of these you can carry around a pre built up brake - you can then slide it onto the mainshaft, rotate until the keyways align, tap in the woodruff keys and bolt on the endcap (or fit the circlip if you are running a standard 8274 shaft).

I've also heard that Steve Gittins has discovered an extra use for the tool but it is not repeatable here. :lol: