range rover f reg

paulsfj

Hi All i'm new to all this and i would like your Help Please

Ive been offerd a range rover 35 F reg SE , its been sitting on his drive for just over a year it starts up and runs but it seems that the choke is stuk on , it needs a exhaust and a mot as to rust its not to bad sills all ok , i just need no how much its worth, it has just over 62k and 3 owners.

Can you help and is it worth spending time and money on ?????

Paul

Hi All i'm new to all this and i would like your Help Please

Ive been offerd a range rover 35 F reg SE , its been sitting on his drive for just over a year it starts up and runs but it seems that the choke is stuk on , it needs a exhaust and a mot as to rust its not to bad sills all ok , i just need no how much its worth, it has just over 62k and 3 owners.

Can you help and is it worth spending time and money on ?????

Paul

Re. the 'choke on' remark: If it's an F reg. the engine is EFI (Oct'85 on) They don't like not being used, especially the 'Joe Lucas' electrics, which could be the cause of the engine probs. Just sold mine for £300 with no MOT (rear seat belt mounts & front shocks) Rampant corrosion is the biggest problem, due to carp rust-proofing, but find a (rare) really nice one & you'll be glad you did. The 3.5efi is the least complex, with the strongest engine block of all the Rover V8's. Might be worth putting it through an MOT, just to see what needs doing?

paid £475 for mine on an e plate last june. very solid and only mechanical problem was a broken viscous coupling on the fan. Interior pretty good, few loose switch panels & bits of trim, no MOT but i think it would pass depending on how picky the inspector was. Stuf like the rear wash wipe isn't worked.

All i wanted was one that was solid to start with!

paid £475 for mine on an e plate last june. very solid and only mechanical problem was a broken viscous coupling on the fan. Interior pretty good, few loose switch panels & bits of trim, no MOT but i think it would pass depending on how picky the inspector was. Stuf like the rear wash wipe isn't worked.

All i wanted was one that was solid to start with!

Just sold my '89 3.5efi to a friend for £300 with no MOT. Needed rear seat-belt mounts welding & a set of front dampers, plus a few 'advisory's' Currently in Belgium this weekend (in the snow) with 3 up & a boot full of gear!

Sort of the same story of when i got mine.

had been unused for well over 2 years though and when i went to look at it, it wouldn't start so i walked away but went back and offered him £175 and he was glad.. so i got a bit of a bargain there as it turned out to be a very genuine low mileage example.. and runs like a dream..

Best thing to do when you get it is give it a full service inc all filters etc and change all oils and if the mileage is genuine then you should have a very good solid runner.