Improving the heater

2 hours ago, simonr said:

Running the heater motor at 24V through a DCDC Converter & proper speed control.

That was my idea as well for my MY83 OneTen. A DCDC Converter up to 16V should do and is very cheap on ebay.

But since I retired I'm in the south most of the winter 😃

18 hours ago, Sigi_H said:

That was my idea as well for my MY83 OneTen. A DCDC Converter up to 16V should do and is very cheap on ebay.

What I found was when you increase the airflow, it generates so much additional turbulence in the pipework that the back pressure cancels out most of the gain.  Even at 24V, I was probably only getting 25% more air out of the outlets.

I liked the continuously variable control - but if I did it again, I'd stick to 12V.

I was also thinking about a additional (PC Fan iE) fan in the outlet at the footwell. There is plenty of space. Sucking mode to the outside means warm legs, blowing mode into the dash means more air for demisting the screen. But I don't know how they react to hot air.