110 TD5 Heater help pleas

Hi All,

Hoping that someone might be able to help with my very poorly performing heater in our 110 TD5. It runs and eventually it gets hot but never really hot and usually by the time the journey has ended!

Can anyone give me any pointers as to parts of the system that can go wrong or things that I can check to either improve or fix its performance.

Any help would b most appreciated as currently I have to dress the kids like Yeti's when we go out for a drive : )

Thanks

Rich an a very cold family!

I had the same issue with mine. Open the bonnet with the control lever set at hot, make sure that the cable is able to push the lever ALL the way to the left (RHD car). I used a pair of pliers to pull it and managed a little extra travel which made a BIG difference in performance. Don't expect to be needing to turn it down in this weather though, Defender heaters are well known for being inadequate!

Chris

I had the same issue with mine. Open the bonnet with the control lever set at hot, make sure that the cable is able to push the lever ALL the way to the left (RHD car). I used a pair of pliers to pull it and managed a little extra travel which made a BIG difference in performance. Don't expect to be needing to turn it down in this weather though, Defender heaters are well known for being inadequate!

Chris

Chris, you always complain that the nas heater is too hot when we travel on overseas trip, but then it's a V8.................... :rolleyes::P

Whilst on the subject of heaters my heater blower lever is difficult to get on 2nd speed is that Ralphs tech archive tip and remember I am LHD.

Also is the blower motor power switch in the flap on the heater or on the lever in the cab. Having just replaced the blower motor on the nas and in the summer had the heater matrix re-newed by others there is a resistor next to the blower motor that controls the 2 speeds on the blower?

Dave