Churchill Insurance

gelf

ive got 3 vehicles insured with Churchill.... always been happy with them until now :angry:

basicly the old trusty Mondeo has had its day and was scrapped yesterday......rang up Churchill today to cancel the insurance, and the cheeky gits wanted £40.70 to cancel the policy.

not amused :o

blimey!

Val has been with them for 12-14years always good

even when we've claimed.

A Flux for mine as no other bugger would touch it.

Snowball

have a department the only do modified trucks they will not insure my standard disco but do the racers and the challenge truck.

They also do comp insurance.

cheers jules

I tried them all before I got to Flux

with everything listed/agreed value

Flux were easily the best priced

Sure turm were the cheapest but when one of my cars was featured in LRO they revoked my insurance from a article written three months before I insured it(wan**rs).

I will not take that risk again SB have a letter agreeing that the cars will be in various mags doing all sorts of things and there happy with that.

I was with churchill with the original catflap. They would insure the basic vehicle, but not the winch!

Never did understand that, or even if that was against it being swiped or being party to damage to another vehicle should I punt it up the rear. ("your winch isn't insured sir, therefore the Metro you ran into that can now fit inside a fag packet will not get paid for by us"). There's a lot to be said for insurance companies that actually know what a Land Rover is.

Not that this has anything to do with a Mondeo, just thought a quick hi-jack was in order. :)

Les.

ive got 3 vehicles insured with Churchill.... always been happy with them until now :angry:

basicly the old trusty Mondeo has had its day and was scrapped yesterday......rang up Churchill today to cancel the insurance, and the cheeky gits wanted £40.70 to cancel the policy.

not amused :o

thats why i pay my insurance monthly, the NFU only charge a silly interest rate of about 4%... and when you need to cancel a policy, as i did on tuesday, you just sent the certificate back and thats it... you only pay for what you use.. ;)

my previous car was insured with norwich union, who took over £100 out of my refund for 'admin' when i cancelled the policy...... :angry:

insurance generally = wa**ers :angry:

I'm with secure direct they are great never had a prob and they know what i'm talking about when I ring up when i've done mods,firebond were ok when it was standard then went to sureterm but when I told them I had changed something they charged me £30 admin charge whats that all about.

thats why i pay my insurance monthly, the NFU only charge a silly interest rate of about 4%... and when you need to cancel a policy, as i did on tuesday, you just sent the certificate back and thats it... you only pay for what you use.. ;)

my previous car was insured with norwich union, who took over £100 out of my refund for 'admin' when i cancelled the policy...... :angry:

insurance generally = wa**ers :angry:

I was paying Cornhill to insure my Astra by installments. It got nicked 6 months into the period and they took the remaining payments out of the settlement. Basically £300 agreed value, £100 excess and £174 premiums left me with £36 to buy another car.

They did cough up half the credit charges for the installments - after I complained. It is now going to the Ombudsman and I've already written to Watchdog and my MP. Cornhill's attitude to my complaint is that they don't give a stuff.

oh, i suppose its different if you claim, and they payout, as you've effectivly not completely purchased an insurance policy until you've made the last payment....

i've had insurance for about twelve years now, never had an accident, only claims ive ever made were for a stolen radio in about 1998, and a few windscreens.... if it wasn't a legal obligation, i'm not sure i'd bother... i must have given them about 7 grand since i started driving...

oh, i suppose its different if you claim, and they payout, as you've effectivly not completely purchased an insurance policy until you've made the last payment....

On the other hand I've only had six months cover for 12 months premiums. They could have given me £200 and kept the policy live and carried on taking the premiums, the bottom line would have been the same at the end of the 12 month period.

It really defeats the object of being fully comp!

Is that true though- who decides how long an insurance policy is for? why should it be 12 months. i consider insurance to be an on-going necessity not a one off payment.

frankly if you trash your car, you ain't going to need insurance for the remainder of your policy, so why should you need it?

just a rip off by the insurance companies- which is no surprise really.

does anyone realise that insurance companies don't make any money from their insurance? they make money by investing against their future and present cash flows- they are just investment houses really!

<_< yep insurers licenced theves the lot of em :angry:

However if i had to recomend then it would be messers flux n co

quite happy to cover my highly modded motor for just over £500 TPFF with EU wide recovery

when others have either quoted me £2000+ to a polite F*O to just hanging up on me :blink:

BTW how the hell are you Mr Gelf OM hope to see you at bling :D