Mini On Board Air project - Air Hose & Fittings Help needed

Hybrid_From_Hell

I have a number of projects on the go at the mo, one close to douing about it one :lol: is

the ability to have some On Board Air System

I have looked at (and admired) the Air Con Pump conversionsm, but time allowing and other work

means I needed a faster solution, and my current effort of trying to use my ARB Compressor :lol: just doesn't do it !

As luck would have it a Twin Pump T Max Air compressor has come my way :) , and I have heard good things from these

both in terms of air delivery and reliability, so onme of these is going in to the 90

Hiowever, and where I need some help - the hose is one of those wippy things, which I loathe, also the connectors are

ones I have not seen before, yet at the end of the dial guage there is some rubber thin hose.

So, me question is

Rather than using say "Spray Shop" thick hose - where can I get this thin air hose from ?

Also what / where can these fittings be obtained from

post-22-126382473439_thumb.jpgpost-22-126382474868_thumb.jpg

I haven't cut the whippy hose up yet but would guess the hose at around say 8mm OD

so would guess the ID being 6/7mm ?

HELP :D

Nige

I have one of these! There is a rubber hose coming off each piston connecting to a T piece and then a third rubber hose which went to a fitting. I cut off the fitting and used a barbed 1/4 BSP hose fitting, pushed into the hose and secured with a hose clip. The 1/4BSP fits most air fittings. Mine went straight in to the pressure switch mounted on top of the reservoir.

Easy as....

If you have trouble sourcing the barbed fittings - I have a little program on my CNC that will make them. Let me know the ID of the hose and one will appear in an envelope.

Si

Not sure if you have one up your way, but I've used Hyphosein the past for pheumatic stuff. Thay sell the nylon hose by the meter in all sorts of colours and diameters. They also stock the standard push fit connectors and all the bits to allow you to join one part to another with relative ease :)

That is exactly the little compressor I used in my discovery (here) but all the fittings came from a skip, which I suppose is less helpful.... :P

I believe they are all available via various eBay sellers too, as well as the sources mentioned above.

From what I rememeber, the rubber hose that joins the two cylinders has a metal t-piece in the middle, into which a 1/8" BSP fitting will screw (if not it's 1/4" BSP).

Cheers

Mark

I have the same tube, gauge and fitting on my compressor and would like to change it for a proper (read accurate) tyre inflator/deflator/gauge, a bit like you get at the filling stations.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Sorry for hijacking the thread - it might prove relevant though :ph34r:

M&S - do you mean the actual tyre inflator tool itself?? If so, I have a PCL one (just the economy version) that has proved more accurate than many others we have tried... PCL Details

I got mine from a company in the Medway Towns, but you may be able to find a stockist nearer to you...

I have a number of projects on the go at the mo, one close to douing about it one :lol: is

the ability to have some On Board Air System

I have looked at (and admired) the Air Con Pump conversionsm, but time allowing and other work

means I needed a faster solution, and my current effort of trying to use my ARB Compressor :lol: just doesn't do it !

As luck would have it a Twin Pump T Max Air compressor has come my way :) , and I have heard good things from these

both in terms of air delivery and reliability, so onme of these is going in to the 90

Hiowever, and where I need some help - the hose is one of those wippy things, which I loathe, also the connectors are

ones I have not seen before, yet at the end of the dial guage there is some rubber thin hose.

So, me question is

Rather than using say "Spray Shop" thick hose - where can I get this thin air hose from ?

Also what / where can these fittings be obtained from

post-22-126382473439_thumb.jpgpost-22-126382474868_thumb.jpg

I haven't cut the whippy hose up yet but would guess the hose at around say 8mm OD

so would guess the ID being 6/7mm ?

HELP :D

Nige

Mate run 24v through it as well :} pumped my 44 up in about 1 min from flat OOOOPS forgot front supply is 24v hose got quite hot though!!!

It does... It's a 2-stage grip. Squeeze gently to deflate or firmly to inflate.

Just to confirm, mine it the analogue one with the red handle. Not the digital type. Seeing the prices of some of their other stuff, I guess that the digital one would be quite a way out of my price range.