" helped bashed it "

dicsosfa

hi :)

been to wales at the weekend ( wish i never went now lol )

any way cut a long story short i reversed between our caravan and a tree i failed to notice a 6" branch :blush::blush: , and as a result my rear corner on the passenger side ( light part only is now well creased. plus a slight bulge on the side panel at the joint easy repair) is now well creased.

Q1.so can the corner piece only be replaced or is it all one piece

Q2. how easy will it be , is it bolted.welded or glued or all of them

Q3. how much will i pay for another panel second hand of coarse

does anyone have instuctions or photo's on removing these panels

thanks Roy

The D1 pannels are bolted and seam sealed so removing without damaging is dificult meaning that finding straight secondhand replacements wont be easy and they are two seperate pannels but I think that they are bolted together and then fitted to the vehicle as far as i could work out on the disco that i broke for parts a while ago and from memory you also have to strip out all the rear trip completley to get at the fixings! Hope this helps.

Sam

As said rear quarters are bolted & glued as one piece, depending how bad it is, could be repaired, pics would be good but ali is not the easiest to repair, good luck with it though

John

hi

thanks for the replies will take some pics tomorrow and post them after work

Roy

This could be pulled out using a slam hammer (aka Slide Hammer - a metal tube with a weight running on it and a means of grabbing the fixing) - you drill a small hole and insert either a screw or a pop rivet, fix the end onto the slam hammer and slide the weight towards you - it will pull the metal out. You quickly get the hang of it.

If you have Discovery, look at an episode of "Overhaulin" or "Wrecks to Riches USA" (Not to be confused with the British version...........)

Also, you can get vacuum pullers for the "round" dents.

Have a look at this selection from Machine Mart (My Fave!!)

Get it as flat as you can and fill with thin layers of filler.

Spray and polish

:D