Does anyone know if you can you buy a repair panel for the rear tub of a 110 where the tub bolts onto the chassis behind the seatbox? Due to our faithful friend electrolysis, mine is practically non-existent in this area and i fear if a repair panel is unavailable im looking for a good second-hand tub...

Does anyone know if you can you buy a repair panel for the rear tub of a 110 where the tub bolts onto the chassis behind the seatbox? Due to our faithful friend electrolysis, mine is practically non-existent in this area and i fear if a repair panel is unavailable im looking for a good second-hand tub...

I doubt there's a repair piece, as that would imply welding ally, not a mainstream thing. Wouldn't a bit of ally sheet cut to size, formed and attached with pop rivets do?

I may end up having to do that.. If im honest im a bit of a stickler for things lookin original though. I cant really see how its attached to the rest of the tub with all the carp in there. If its ally would it not be rivetted?

I may end up having to do that.. If im honest im a bit of a stickler for things lookin original though. I cant really see how its attached to the rest of the tub with all the carp in there. If its ally would it not be rivetted?

The existing panel could be revitted or spot welded on, depends exactly what where, etc.

Are you thinking of item 2 on the diagram Ralph? Seems to be a lot of effort :o

post-8420-126997937933_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's exactly the part I was going to suggest,the jointline you've seen is most likly spotwelded to the upper panel, lot of work to change that panel, might be quicker to source some alloy sheet that can be bent without spliting & repair the existing panel.

Yes, that's exactly the part I was going to suggest, lot of work to change that panel, might be quicker to source some alloy sheet that can be bent without spliting & repair the existing panel.

I've had a quick look round and no-one seems to sell what you want, sorry :( . Time to sharpen the fab. skills or expend hard earned credits on a newish replacement...

Looks like seat box out and possibly body sides and roof. The body capping is riveted on, so perhaps just drill out the rivets and remove the capping. Any spot welds can be drilled out using a spot weld drill bit. I would imagine the new panel can be riveted back on instead of spot welds, but you'd have to be careful of rivet head protrusion affecting reassembly.

Les.

The fact that i already have the tub off the chassis sitting on a table should make life easier then... Is there any special sealer i should use between the panels? Also, the panels that the door lock strikers are on are completely shot as well. Can these be purchased new or will i have to use the ones that come with the new tub?

Hope it's Not the dining table :lol:

for parts 90 parts book if the spare door pillars are OK, use those & save a bit more cash.

Its not the door pillars im on about, its the bit at the front of the rear tub that the front door locks latch onto.. they are rotten as a peach at the bottom on both sides where the sill bolts go through.. :(

This is what i mean. Here is what my tub-to-chassis mountings look like. Its even worse on other side...

Now, to the right of the pic where the sill bolts to the tub is where im talking about. On the other side its so bad, the sill has nothing to bolt to. Its just one big hole. Would that section come with a new wing or tub, or can i buy it separately?

post-4644-127041947033_thumb.jpg