Mud Dash

Hi all,

Thought it may turn out to be useful for someone? I did originally post up asking for advice and opinions on which dash to buy(Mud or Raptor), but that thread seems to have vanished?

Any how, I went for the Mud console because I like the factory look of the switches and the finish on the dash is pretty similar to the standard trim in the car, it arrived in less than twenty four hours and is fairly simple to install

post-19709-127071771242_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071865194_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071866471_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071867751_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071868641_thumb.jpg

Wasn't that cheap in the end £147 with all the switches shown, plus red hazzard one which is already installed in the truck(just need to pop it in) 12v power outlet,Land Rover badge plus some stick on legends to identify whats, what?(which fit on the white squares,not done yet) The switches themselves I think are cool, big solid clunk noise when they are used, they also light up green(same as dash) when lights are on and when one is turned on it also lights up orange as a visual indicator that some thing is on. Lots of room as you can see behind for wires and the like, I am thinking of put two relays and the fuse board behind here as its only 4 screws to take off the front, which I know some will dissagree with but it keeps wires and stuff out the way and tidy.

So just the CB to fit in the space that is left below the switches, which will be done in a bit (if I can get some work done :rolleyes: )beforehand.

Nice install! Does your CD player still work at this angle? Mine's a cassette because I only need the FM-radio on it ;)

Hi,

I should think the CD will still work at this angle? on the Mudstuff website they have a gallery half of them are like this. Before I fitted it to the new console it was in one of those under dash covers and fitted to the steep angle on the dash where the air vent trim is

Hi all,

Thought it may turn out to be useful for someone? I did originally post up asking for advice and opinions on which dash to buy(Mud or Raptor), but that thread seems to have vanished?

Any how, I went for the Mud console because I like the factory look of the switches and the finish on the dash is pretty similar to the standard trim in the car, it arrived in less than twenty four hours and is fairly simple to install

post-19709-127071771242_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071865194_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071866471_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071867751_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127071868641_thumb.jpg

Wasn't that cheap in the end £147 with all the switches shown, plus red hazzard one which is already installed in the truck(just need to pop it in) 12v power outlet,Land Rover badge plus some stick on legends to identify whats, what?(which fit on the white squares,not done yet) The switches themselves I think are cool, big solid clunk noise when they are used, they also light up green(same as dash) when lights are on and when one is turned on it also lights up orange as a visual indicator that some thing is on. Lots of room as you can see behind for wires and the like, I am thinking of put two relays and the fuse board behind here as its only 4 screws to take off the front, which I know some will dissagree with but it keeps wires and stuff out the way and tidy.

So just the CB to fit in the space that is left below the switches, which will be done in a bit (if I can get some work done :rolleyes: )beforehand.

Looking good.

I went the other way to give the wiring for the switches more room, also having the din plate on the bottom the CD player does not move as it's not suspended, I also prefer the viewing angle of the switches from the top, however they look good which ever way you go.

100_5358.jpg

Hi,

I should think the CD will still work at this angle? on the Mudstuff website they have a gallery half of them are like this. Before I fitted it to the new console it was in one of those under dash covers and fitted to the steep angle on the dash where the air vent trim is

My dad moved his Parrot radio/cd to the horizontal position, he told me his CD player didn't like being not horizontal.

My cassettes will still play when it's upside down though ;)

• 13 years later...