Temperature sensor thread size

Hey,

I have a disco 200tdi fitted to what was a 19J TD. I currently have the 19J coolant temperature sensor but I want to replace it with a aftermarket digital system. Can anyone tell me what size thread the fitting is?

Regards

Adam

Hey,

I have a disco 200tdi fitted to what was a 19J TD. I currently have the 19J coolant temperature sensor but I want to replace it with a aftermarket digital system. Can anyone tell me what size thread the fitting is?

Linky :)

It's 5/8"-18 UNF on the Defender 200Tdi, don't know for sure about the Disco variant. I have no reason to believe it's different, but you never know...

When I fitted a digital gauge to my 110 I just drilled out and tapped the old sender to 1/8 NPT to accept the new digital sensor, there's a thread about it somewhere.

Mark

I will likely do the same in that case, unless the kit comes with adaptors

Related question? anyone know the thread size for the oil pressure switch, want to fit a t piece for a pressure gauge :)

I will likely do the same in that case, unless the kit comes with adaptors

Related question? anyone know the thread size for the oil pressure switch, want to fit a t piece for a pressure gauge :)

I'm pretty sure thats 1/8 NPT too ...

I'm pretty sure thats 1/8 NPT too ...

Thought the consensus was that the coolant was 5/8" -18? which I can tap out

basically thinking of putting a splitter block on the oil filter housing to add a pressure and temperature gauge sensors :)

Thought the consensus was that the coolant was 5/8" -18? which I can tap out

basically thinking of putting a splitter block on the oil filter housing to add a pressure and temperature gauge sensors :)

Sorry, the "too" was in reference to the comment in Marks110's post, sorry. I've done some digging and the concensus is that the oil pressure switch is 1/8 NPT.

Make sure your T piece comes out far enough. I've got an electric sender complete with warning light switch but the case fouls the oil thermostat when you screw it in. I'm now looking for a straight extension with 1/8 NPT male one end and female the other. Anyone know where to get one? I can find T pieces and may have to use that but then would need a blanking bolt!

Malcolm

usually in the list of parts to the left of the diagrams but not identified on the diagram, it just good old LR used the same oil filter head on the older 2.5 diesels & the 200tdi, so it just bolted together :D