Up 2: Fast speed

My 1988 TD 90 has

Down: single wipe

Off

Up 1: Very slow speed

Up 2: Slightly faster speed :ph34r:

Also:

i have took it apart today to find the solanoid

Solenoid? The one for the starter motor, located on top of the starter motor? Or something else? :D

There's a function on mine (apparently) to do a 'single wipe', whereby you push it up against the spring enough to trigger the wipe, but not enough to knock over into the next position. I've never really got this to work properly, as the point you need to go to in order to get the wipe to start is so close to the spring-over point that it just clicks over.

So I just click it down and back up for a single wipe :)

Must be lucky, but mine has the single wipe if you push it slightly up plus 1st click up is normal speed, second click up is faster and one click down is intermittent.

Maybe it's being nice to me as I replaced the wheel boxes greased the rack and put new arms and blades on. ;)

Malcolm

ye thats what i ment can ya tell me were it is on a 2.5td

There isn't a relay for the wipers on a 2.5TD (I'm on firm ground here). The wiring (four wires, one green, three have a light green stripe) just goes from the wiper stalk switch to the wiper motor. There isn't an intermittent on this age of 90, just a single wipe (push down, spring return, broken on mine :( ).

Slow and slower sounds right to me, but the motors can get tired and need replacing.

There isn't a relay for the wipers on a 2.5TD (I'm on firm ground here). The wiring (four wires, one green, three have a light green stripe) just goes from the wiper stalk switch to the wiper motor. There isn't an intermittent on this age of 90, just a single wipe (push down, spring return, broken on mine sad.gif ).

Slow and slower sounds right to me, but the motors can get tired and need replacing.

when i push down nothing happens i changed the motor and park switch but still nothing

There isn't a relay for the wipers on a 2.5TD (I'm on firm ground here). The wiring (four wires, one green, three have a light green stripe) just goes from the wiper stalk switch to the wiper motor. There isn't an intermittent on this age of 90, just a single wipe (push down, spring return, broken on mine :( ).

Correct,

remove the wiper blades & arms, remove the wiper motor & drive cable, clean & regrease the drive cable, take the cover plate off the motor & clean regrease the drive gears & refit cover, then refit motor/cable & the wiper arms/blades, it should work a bit easier then, or the motors brushes are worn out if no change.