rear storage boxes

hobson

I need some storage boxes for our 110, i have some currently which i made from MDF with hinged lids, and they're fine, but my wife has a new job training dogs so she'll be putting more weight in the back than i designed the lids to handle.

i don't really want to go silly with the mobile storage solutions ones at £400 a pop, i need something that sits between the wheel arch boxes and has a reasonably strong top, and doesn't cost silly money.

any ideas?

I have used these for a few years now:

http://www.plastor.c...stor/index.html

They are great and when I got them I even tried out diffrent sizes to fit what I wanted have a big box on the bottom and then diffrent sizes, quick easy and easy to keep clean, I am transfering them into the trailer now but will keep the big on in the 110 perfect fit between the wheel arches works very well.

not connected to them etc, they just offer a great product that worked very well on a couple of overland trips and I have been back for more.

Jason.

Would like to build some stronger ones but unfortunately i'm too busy on the farm, i'm trying to get all my small jobs done so i can spend a few days waxoyling when the weather improves!

i'd also like two boxes which cover the whole load area between the arches so it's completely flat...

the plastor ones look good though, what size box fits between the arches jason?

Would like to build some stronger ones but unfortunately i'm too busy on the farm, i'm trying to get all my small jobs done so i can spend a few days waxoyling when the weather improves!

i'd also like two boxes which cover the whole load area between the arches so it's completely flat...

I will measure them in the morning, two of the ones you can see in my trailer build side by side fit, which sit on top of the big box.

I will get the tape and camera out in the morning.

Jason.

The one I have on the base is an 800x600 I then stack the upto 8 of the 600x400 on top of that (side by side)as I say I load them with all my gear/food/fuel, can be upto 30kgs in a box and I have not managed to brake them yet!!!! some of mine have lids some don't depends what I want them for, what also supprised me is the box at the bottom stays tough so the boxes dont fall inside even without a lid.

Jason.

Having done a bit of working out and measuring, the load area is 91cm wide x 146 long and 23 high, (we have no rear seats) i reckon i can get four of the 50 litre Really Useful ones in the back with not much room for them to rattle about, or with room to add some soundproofing/insulation !

they measure 440mm x 710mm x 230mm, which gives us 200 litres in sensible sized removeable boxes...

and they do an extra strong one too, it's looking about £65.00 all in and delivered, sounds good to me, just need to get permission from the boss!

:D