Certain wiring in my 110 - whats it for?

i have some wires not connected to anything. What are they?

In the bunch that comes to the trans box diff lock plug.

• Theres some wires that go round the other side of the gear box. Has a black oval plug, whats that? Oil temp maybe? Ultimately connects to the nearside of the gearbox.
  • Theres the two that go to the difflock. I know what they are.
  • Theres one that goes to the handbrake lever. I know what that is.
  • Theres two spare,,, red/white and a black with female spade connectors. What are these for? They are longer that the diff lock ones so presume something to do wit trans box or handbrake.

Also in the fuse panel

• There is a large(ish) 6 way plug with a red/white and a good few browns of reasonable gauge. Whats that?

Thanks in advance...Just thinking of split charge, aircon and all sorts of things that are way beyond me.... :ph34r:

The first plug is probably the gearbox temperature sensor wiring.

Red with a white stripe is instrument illumination, black is ground, but I'm not sure what they're doing down there ...

Not sure about your fusebox one either!

pictures...1000 words and all that.

Thanks

No, I give up. What are they? :D

I can't see your reverse light wiring (but the two loose sockets are both the wrong colour wiring anyway) and the four way appears to be B / B / B / WB, which isn't on any of my diagrams.

In the bunch that comes to the trans box diff lock plug.

•Theres some wires that go round the other side of the gear box. Has a black oval plug, whats that? Oil temp maybe? Ultimately connects to the nearside of the gearbox.

•Theres the two that go to the difflock. I know what they are.

•Theres one that goes to the handbrake lever. I know what that is.

•Theres two spare,,, red/white and a black with female spade connectors. What are these for? They are longer that the diff lock ones so presume something to do wit trans box or handbrake.

Also in the fuse panel

•There is a large(ish) 6 way plug with a red/white and a good few browns of reasonable gauge. Whats that?

black oval plug should be for the revrse light switch.

the 4 wire plug behind the fusebox is connector C786 air conditioning to main harness, 4 colours according to my elect section of 300Tdi RAVE cd are

1 - NS = brown/slate trace

2 - NO = brown/orange trace

3 - N = brown

4 - WO = white/orange trace

wires for the gearbox temp sender [if fitted] have a slate/red trace wire & a black wire

the larger 6 way plug is probably the start relay connector block, that would account for thick brown 7 white/red trace wires

handbrake switch to warning light wires are yellow/white, so the 2 we can't ident yet are nothing to do with the handbrake or gearbox oil temp.

Thanks western the "6 way" i mentioned is actually the 4 way for the air con...sorry about that, couldn't edit it out once errol posted

Thats actually what i thought it was from looking at the electrical. Although i'm not good with electrical schematics i must be doing something right.

Do you think that will come in handy for something that needs some juice in the cab?

Does the reverse light comes from something mechanical in the gearbox in the same way the diff lock one does ?

So the only remaining ones are the gearbox temp sender then which might not be fitted???? If it were fitted where would it be ?

That looks like the end of this little puzzle. Thanks a million. :)

reverse switch is automatic when you select/deslesct reverse.

oil temp switch if fitted will be on the left side of main gearbox slightly forward of the main gearbox/transferbox joint.

the air cond wiring could be used for a ignition controlled [white/orange wire] feed if you need it.